Whilst our Approved Carriers do their best to ensure safe transit of your goods, sometimes things don't go to plan and in extraordinary circumstances, breakages can occur during transit.
Sorting out Damaged or Lost Goods
We hate these situations as much as you do, but we are here to help you. Every item you send via Shippit is covered under the terms of carriage stipulated by the allocated carrier. Our job is to help you resolve these situations as swiftly as possible, maximising the outcome on your behalf where we can.
Important note: Most carriers will only process claims within 7 days of the suspected damage or loss event. Carriers may charge an excess of up to $120 and will only cover the wholesale value of the goods damaged or lost during transit.
Please follow these steps to ensure fast resolution:
- If damaged, obtain photographs of the damage and a full description of the damage from your recipient. If lost, please provide a full description of the goods to assist in depot and vehicle searches.
- Read the relevant Terms & Conditions listed on allocated carrier's website to understand your rights:
- Couriers Please - https://www.couriersplease.com.au/About/Terms-Conditions/Domestic-Service-Terms-Conditions (Section 7)
- Fastway - http://www.fastway.com.au/images/legal/FastwayCouriersConditionsOfCarriageAust.pdf (Section 5.4)
- Bonds Logistics - https://www.bondscouriers.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/20101130_Revised-Std-Trading-Conditions.pdf (Section 6.(g))
- TNT - http://www.tnt.com/express/en_au/site/home/how-to-ship-parcel/shipping-services/additional-services/extended_warranty/domestic_extended_warranty.html
As a final note, steps to resolving a damaged parcel may require the damaged goods to be sent to an insurer for salvage value.