Here's the current disruption to New Zealand carriers' network as of the 23rd of March 2023.
The aftermath of the recent weather events has caused a 1-3 business days delay in standard parcel and mail deliveries particularly in the following regions due to limited road access, altered schedule operations and reduced heavy vehicle capacity.
- Tokomaru Bay
- Hawke's Bay
- Inter-island: Between the North and South Islands
North and South Island deliveries will experience delays of up to 1 working day due to an air network disruption and ferry cancellations on Tuesday and Wednesday, March 21st and 22nd.
For pickups, there are no restrictions except for the ongoing suspension of oversized items.
International services are slightly impacted due to a limited export flight schedule and air freight capacity.
Rest assured that contingency plans are in place to ensure parcels reach their destinations as safely and quickly as possible.
As a result of the recent adverse weather conditions, ferry services have been cancelled across the country.
Please expect an extra day for delivery of all inter-island freight.
- Due to high swells and unsafe sailing conditions, ferry sailings across the Cook Strait have been cancelled today. North and South Islands inter-island delivery will now be delayed by one (1) working day.
- Perishable items cannot be accepted yet in Wairoa due to restricted services in the region
- Expect significant delays of 3-7 business days in:
- Expect minor delays of 2-3 business days to occur in the following regions:
- Kapiti Coast
For more details on individual status levels of each Regional Franchise and linehaul network, please check Aramex's Network Service Update dashboard.
Please keep an eye out for our Health Check Network Status Gauge which shows the latest capacity indicators for our key partnered carriers.