Here's the current disruption to New Zealand carriers' network as of the 27th of January 2023.
- There are currently no significant delays in domestic operation in NZ Post's network.
- For pickups, there are no restrictions except for the ongoing suspension of oversized items.
- International services are slightly impacted due to a limited export flight schedule and air freight capacity.
- Contingency plans are in place to ensure parcels reach their destinations as safely and quickly as possible.
Please expect slight delays in pickups and deliveries due to the heavy rains and thunderstorms that are expected to move across the following regions today. The anticipated heavy rainfall this weekend will also impact freight next week.
- Coromandel Peninsula
- Bay of Plenty
- Mount Taranaki
In addition, the scheduled road works and ferry delays will cause extended transit times, particularly for North Island and South Island-destined freight.
- The night road work scheduled may result in delays for trucks travelling on SH1 at Weld Pass, Kaikoura.
- For ferry services, Bluebridge is running behind, which will cause some delays.
Public Holidays Delivery Schedule
Auckland, Northland, & Nelson Anniversary Day - 30th January 2023
- There are no pickups or deliveries in Auckland, Northland, Bay of Plenty, Waikato, Gisborne and Nelson regions on Auckland, Northland and Nelson Anniversary Day on Monday, 30th of January 2023.
Waitangi Day - 6th February 2023
- There are no pickups or deliveries countrywide on Waitangi Day, on Monday, 6th of February 2023.
NOTE (for NZ Post): All Perishables sent on the Friday prior to a Monday public holiday must have a Saturday delivery label applied as delivery for Perishable items sent without a Saturday delivery label won’t be attempted until Tuesday.
Please keep an eye out for our Health Check Network Status Gauge which shows the latest capacity indicators for our key partnered carriers.