What’s a ‘futile’ pickup?
If the driver attempts pickup and cannot for some reason do so, you may incur a futile charge.
Reasons this can happen:
- The driver cannot gain access to your location to collect e.g an access code is required at the gate or the elevator won’t allow the driver up
- The location was closed
- The goods were not labelled or ready to be picked up
How to avoid a futile charge:
- Ensure goods are ready to go - packaged and labelled ready for the driver
- Do not hit BOOK NOW until the goods are ready
- Let us know your opening hours and any special instructions so we can alert your local driver firstname.lastname@example.org
Am I charged for a futile pick up?
Yes, the original label fee is charged and a new order will need to be placed.