It is absolutely crucial that the driver scans your parcel/s!
Why is a 'scan' so important?
- Without a scanning event, no claim can be made on insurance in the event of a lost/damaged parcel.
- All drivers are required to scan a parcel upon collection, it is an essential part of their job otherwise they do not get paid for the collection.
- In the event the driver cannot scan a parcel (scanner not working) a run-sheet is signed by the driver instead and given to the depot at the end of day to ensure each job is noted on their run.
- The depot will always scan parcels in at the end of the day so it is not possible for a parcel to travel without 'any' scans.
- In the event the label comes off, the parcel will always go into their 'query freight cage' and a parcel search will be initiated to locate the goods.
What do I do if the driver cannot scan my parcel?
- We don't recommend allowing a driver to take your parcel/s without scanning it first.
- Ask the driver why their scanner is not working and request they return asap with a working scanner.
- Report the issue to Shippit if the driver continues doing this so we can alert their Fleet Manager.