What has changed?
Our partnered carrier Allied Express has advised they will be increasing the price of their services effective from 5 June 2023.
Freight Price Increase
Effective 5 June 2023, Allied Express will be implementing the following price increases:
- An increase of 5% in freight charges for Same Day Services within NSW
- An increase of 4% in freight charges for Same Day Services in other states
- An increase of 4% in freight charges for all Road Express Overnight, Intra and Interstate Services
Surcharge Price Increase
Effective 5 June 2023, Allied Express will be increasing the prices of the following existing surcharges.
Depot Manual Handling Fee
- $15.34 ex GST per item exceeding 1.1m in any direction and / or charged weight exceeding 30kg
Manual Handling - Incompatible Items
- $15.34 ex GST per item
Manual Measuring Fee
- $10.30 ex GST per consignment
- $7.80 ex GST per item for items 1.10 to 1.60m
- $10.92 ex GST per item for items 1.61 to 2.39m
- $12.41 ex GST per item for items 2.40 to 3.59m
- $26.42 ex GST per item for items 3.60 to 4.19m
- $92.15 ex GST per item for items 4.20 to 4.79m
- $123.96 ex GST per item for items 4.80 to 5.99m
- $160.07 ex GST per item for items 6.00m and over
Two Man Crew Surcharge
- Bracket One: $49.92 ex GST per consignment
- Bracket Two: $78.00 ex GST per consignment
- Bracket Three: $124.80 ex GST per consignment
- For Bracket criteria information, refer to this article here
Tail Lift Surcharge
- $45.83 ex GST per consignment for items exceeding 56kg dead weight or 90kg volumetric weight
Futile / No Job Charge
- $17.19 ex GST per consignment
- $6.64 ex GST base charge and $0.24 ex GST per kilogram, plus a depot re-handling fee of $11.02 ex GST
Non-Electronic Consignment Fee
- $1.10 ex GST per consignment for telephone bookings and previously futile collections
Two Person Delivery Surcharge
- $98.80 ex GST per hour, charged in 15-minute increments, with a minimum of 1 hour
- Charged in conjunction with Two Man Crew Surcharge
Hand Unload Surcharge
- $48.88 ex GST per hour, charged in 15-minute increments, with a minimum of 1 hour
- $41.84 ex GST per hour, charged in 15-minute increments, after the first 15 minutes
Why it’s changing?
Price increases reflect and contribute to:
- The increase in Allied Express rates directly
- The increase in cost across Allied Express business operations
- Industrial Relations decision to increase remuneration for drivers for the coming years
On a more personal note, thank you for being our customer and for choosing Shippit to power deliveries to your customers.
If you have further questions on how this will impact your business, please reach out to our support team or alternatively speak with your Shippit Account Manager who will be happy to discuss your greater business needs.