Our partnered carrier PBT has advised they will be increasing the price of their services effective from 21 July 2023.
Effective 21 July 2023, PBT will be implementing the following price increases and surcharges:
- An increase of 8.2% in freight charges for deliveries across all NZ pricing zones
- Residential surcharge NZD $0.50 ex GST per consignment
- Courier services NZD $4.50 ex GST per consignment
Why it's changing
Price changes reflect and contribute to:
- The increase in PBT’s rates & surcharges directly
- The increase in PBT’s business and labour costs due to extreme weather conditions in North Island and operational issues in Cooks Strait impacting infrastructure
- The increase in PBT’s operational costs due to inflationary pressures
- Contribute to improving PBT’s network facilities and tools in order to maintain their high level of service you rely on
On a more personal note, thank you for being our customer and for choosing Shippit to power deliveries to your customers.
If you have further questions on how this will impact your business, please reach out to our support team or alternatively speak with your Shippit Account Manager who will be happy to discuss your greater business needs.