Though most pickups should be smooth by nature, there are a couple of things you can do as a sender to ensure pickup is smooth.
Please label the package as soon as possible. This will ensure that the delivery will go out as soon as possible, and that the parcel will be ready as soon as the driver arrives.
Keep the parcel off to the side and ready. This will help the courier pick the parcel up quickly and get it delivered as soon as possible.
- We always recommend getting to know your local driver and striking up that relationship with them
- Ask for their mobile number if they've got one, so you can text them directly for collection
- If you're sending a high volume of parcels daily you should be able to arrange a daily pickup without a hassle!
Shippit's intelligent 'Delay Avoidance System' will flag a delayed pickup and will automatically send a reminder to the depot for you. Yep, we do a lot of this in the background without you even having to worry about it!
We also have a dedicated Pickup Team on hand to help with any pickup concerns you have. We'll give you a call if we notice anything out of the ordinary to help get things back on track!
For any other collection concerns, feel free to reach out to one of our friendly support team members via Live Chat for further assistance.
What are the normal pickup expectations?
Standard Carriers (Couriers Please, Fastway, TNT)
- normally collect within 24 hours unless there are unexpected delays
Express Carriers (Allied Road Express)
- normally collect the day of booking *if booked before 1pm
Same day priority carriers (Bonds, Allied Same Day)
- the driver will normally collect 1-2 hours before the delivery time (e.g if the delivery window is 4-7pm then the driver would collect closer to 4pm, sometimes closer to 7pm depending on how busy they are)
On Demand Collection
- the driver will be out within 1-2 hours or quicker, so please ensure goods are ready to go!