Parcel arrived damaged or lost in transit?
Whilst our Approved Carriers do their best to ensure safe transit of your goods, sometimes things don't go to plan and in extraordinary circumstances, breakages can occur during transit.
Sorting out Damaged or Lost Goods
We hate these situations as much as you do, but we are here to help you.
Every item you send via Shippit is covered under the terms of carriage stipulated by the allocated carrier, this is agreed to at the time of booking.
Please note that Shippit are not held liable for the loss or damage of goods in transit, this is where courier insurance kicks in.
Our job here at Shippit is to help you resolve these situations as swiftly as possible, maximising the outcome on your behalf where we can.
- Most will only process claims within 7 days of the suspected damage or loss event - this is the delivery ETA.
- Insurance only covers the wholesale value of goods less GST and freight
- The courier may charge an excess fee to process the claim
Please follow these steps to ensure fast resolution:
- if damaged - take pictures await further instruction (the driver may need to return to inspect the damaged goods)
- have your wholesale/cost and tax invoices at hand
- contact Shippit right away so we can lodge a parcel search, or claim (if eligible) firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: these types of ‘cases’ can take a little longer than normal but should be resolved within 5-7 days.
If it’s possible we’d suggest sending replacements to your customer to avoid further delay and frustration, at least until the original goods are recovered or returned.
Insurance Coverage Explained:
Each of our partnered couriers have their own terms of carriage which you agree to at the time of booking. Not all provide ‘complimentary insurance’ coverage.
In case something has gone wrong, feel free to contact us Shippit for further advice.
- Offer complimentary insurance for the cost of goods up to $1000. A $100 excess fee applies to all claims. Claims must be made within 7 days of delivery ETA.
- Offer complimentary insurance for the cost of goods up to $1500. No excess fee applies to claims.
- Damaged Goods - 24-48 hours from delivery date
- Non-delivery of Goods - 30 days from the date the Carrier receives the Goods
- Do not currently offer complimentary insurance coverage. Insurance as an ‘add-on option’ is currently being looked into.
DHL Express and International
- Services do not currently offer complimentary insurance coverage. Insurance as an ‘add-on option’ is currently being looked into.
- Offer limited insurance coverage, see t&c’s below.
- 2kg Packet untracked no insurance
- 2kg packet plus maximum insurance AUD $50.00
- International Parcel (up to 20kgs) Maximum insurance AUD $50.00
- Postal Compensation for loss or damage of item is based on the declared value, up to a maximum of $50.00 (AUD);
- All requests for compensation must be accompanied by shipment details such as tracking number, recipient name, recipient address, date of posting, nature of item and its declared value
- Requests for compensation can only be sent after at least 18 days; and within 90 days, from the date of posting. Processing time is approximately 10 weeks from the date of request for compensation being received by DHL eCommerce
Australia Post and Startrack
- Offer ‘optional extras’ see your account manager for further details or visit https://auspost.com.au/sending/send-within-australia/optional-extras-domestic or https://startrack.com.au/services/sending/transit-warranty