Installing the Shippit plugin for Magento 1
Getting integrated with us using Magento is easy - you'll never need to waste time manually entering delivery information again.
Before you start:
- Please ensure your billing settings are up to date with a valid credit card
- Obtain an API key from your integration settings panel (accessed via Settings > Integration Settings)
NB: Need professional help in getting installed? make sure read this article first, then get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Installing the App:
Step 1: Get the Shippit Plugin Extension Key
- Navigate to Shippit's Magento Connect listing
- Select "Install Now" button
- Select "Get Extension Key" and check "Get Extension Key"
- Copy the URL in the Extension Key check box
Step 2: Install the Plugin from Magento Connect
- Login to your Magento Admin panel
- Navigate to Magento Connect (System > Magento Connect > Magento Connect Manager)
- Paste install key into the URL text box and click "Install'
Configuring the App:
- Navigate to the Shippit configuration page within Magento (System > Configuration > SALES > Shippit).
- Set "Enabled" to YES
- Insert API key in the API Key field section
- Set "Environment" to YES
- Set "Debug" to YES
- Checkout Options are optional
- Oder Sync "Enabled" YES
- "Manual Sync Enabled" YES
- "Order Status Filtering" YES
- "Order status" Set to processing. (Once order updates to processing status, the order will sync with Shippit)
- "Sync Mode" Realtime
- "Send all orders to shippit" YES
- "Shipping Sync" YES (this will fulfill orders and update tracking information)
Enabling Shippit's Local 3-hour Timeslot Option:
- Navigate to the Shippit configuration page within Magento (System > Configuration > SALES > Shipping Methods).
- Highlight the methods you'd like to enable live quoting for.
Enabling Shippit's live quote for Standard/Express & Priority Deliveries:
To enable live quotes for standard shipping at the checkout set "Standard" in the "Allowed Methods" section.
Please Note: Existing orders will not be imported at time of set up. For help with this, please get in touch with Shippit support via email@example.com.
Next up - read about generating shipping labels for orders that come through from your Magento store.