TradeGecko Integration Overview
1. Creating a TradeGecko Access Token
1.1. Log into your Shippit account
1.2. Navigate to Settings > Integrations
1.3. Scroll down and click on the TradeGecko logo
1.4. You will be required to create a privileged access token and fill in the API Access Token field.
1.5. Click on the "TradeGecko Access Token" link
Note: if you are asked to login, please click on this link after logging in to create your access token: https://go.tradegecko.com/oauth/applications/
1.6. Click on "New Application" and fill in the following details
- Name: Anything you want (we recommend “Shippit Integration”)
- Redirect URI: https://www.shippit.com/
Note: If this generates an error, you can use the suggested URI below the tooltip "Use one line per URL"
- Click "Submit"
1.7. Once the application creation is successful, click on "Create Privileged Token" and copy the token that gets generated.
2. Authenticating Shippit with TradeGecko
2.1. Head back to Shippit and paste the API token in the "API Access Token" field. Once completed, please click "CONNECT"
2.2. Once successful, please click on the "LAUNCH CONNECT" button to configure your integration settings and import any existing orders pending fulfillment.
Note: You can configure your settings on this page. It's recommended you launch connect and configure your settings in our connector app. In Shippit Connect, you will also be able to import your previous orders needing fulfillment.
3. Shippit Integration Settings
Although you can edit your settings via your Shippit integration settings page (Shippit > Settings > Integrations), you will need to log into our connector portal (Shippit Connect) to import orders that are currently pending fulfillment. By clicking on "LAUNCH CONNECT" not only can you import orders, but also have full view of your order sync and order fulfillment history.
- After landing on the Shippit Connect portal for TradeGecko, click on "Settings" to configure your account
4. Orders settings
4.1. By default we have enabled the auto-sync of your orders. This means that every 15 minutes, Shippit will import orders that are "Finalised" and have shippable items.
4.2. You can also filter order import settings based on various statuses i.e. after an order has been invoiced and/or paid. To do this, click on the Order Sync Filters area and select a status.
If you have shipping methods saved on TradeGecko, you can map them to a specific Shippit service type (Standard, Express or Priority).
For example, if you have a method titled “Domestic Express - East Coast” you can configure your account so that all of these orders are given an express quote on Shippit.
Please note, that in order to get express quotes, you will need to have carriers enabled on Shippit that are able to service an express method of shipping. You can set this by:
5.1. Click "Add Mapping"
5.2. Enter the name of your shipping method
Note: It's important to enter the name of your shipping method exactly as you have saved it
5.3. Next to your shipping method, please select a Shippit service type from the drop-down menu
5.4. Click "Update" to save your settings
6.1. By default, orders booked on Shippit automatically will create a shipment record in TradeGecko
6.2. You can disable this feature by selecting "No" from the "Fulfill Orders" drop-down
Manually Importing Orders to Shippit
Default Import Orders
- When you first log into Shippit Connect and view the "Order Sync History" tab, you can import any pre-existing orders from TradeGecko by clicking on the green "Import" button at the top right of the page.
- This will import any order pending fulfillment. If you have any order filters set up, this will also take into account when those orders are being synced e.g. orders that are finalised and paid
- You should see a green "processing" bar appear at the top of the page informing you of how many orders are being synced across
- Once synced, click on "Launch Shippit" to start the fulfillment process!
Manually Importing by Order ID
- When viewing the Order Sync History tab, click on the drop-down arrow next to "IMPORT ORDERS" and select "By Order ID"
- Enter your TradeGecko order reference number (e.g. SO0001)
Note: this will import the order regardless of your import status filters
Manually Importing by "X Days Ago"
- This option allows you to enter in a number of days from today to search for any orders pending fulfillment
Note: this will take into account your order status filters
- If I delete or make an amendment to an order in Shippit, will it delete/update in TradeGecko?
- Why am I not receiving tracking updates for the orders I have booked through Shippit?
Check your Shippit Fulfilment Settings in TradeGecko to see if they are enabled. If so, check your Shippit Webhook URL in Shippit. If empty, re-register your Webhook by disabling Fulfilment Settings in TradeGecko, and then re-enabling.
- Why didn’t my order sync to Shippit?
This could be due to a couple reasons:
- Check the user and delivery address details of the order are correct.
- Confirm you have the appropriate carriers enabled in Shippit e.g. international carriers.
- Does Shippit consider order tags?
- Can I live quote on international orders within the Shopping Cart?
- Why do I have to select a fulfilment location?
Shippit is required to inform TradeGecko what location an order was despatched from for inventory purposes.
- Can Shippit sync fulfilment records?
No, we currently only support syncing of the sales order.
- Does Shippit support multi-store allocation?
Unfortunately not, at this stage.
- Why do I need to configure a default email fallback?
This is because an email is mandatory in Shippit, but optional in TradeGecko. Should an order arrive without an email address, this default email will be used.
- Does Shippit sync dimensions?
No, only weights are synced across.
TradeGecko Tips & Tricks
- When configuring Shipping Method Mappings, an exact string match is required; however, you can use the * wildcard symbol e.g. “Shippit*” which will capture every method that begins with “Shippit”
- If you need to select multiple fulfilment locations, you can add a user to multiple Shippit stores in order to allocate an order to its appropriate dispatch location. Using this functionality, a merchant can link their primary and secondary locations in Shippit to update the order in TradeGecko with the correct fulfilment locale.