In order to connect your Netsuite account with Shippit you will need to download our Suitebundle - Shippit Integration.
The Shippit Bundle largely automates the process involved in setting up a Netsuite account with various roles and permissions in order to start integrating orders with Shippit. Previous to the bundle release the merchant had to:
- Create a new Webservice role with appropriate permissions
- Create a webservice application ID for the integration
- Copy paste various fields generated by the above + enter in user credentials to facilitate the connection
The bundle not only automates the above processes but also adds in functionality within Netsuite to:
- Automatically send orders to Shippit via webhook
- Manually send individual orders to Shippit when viewing a sales order in Netsuite
Summary of Steps to Integrate
- Install Shippit bundle on Netsuite to get the Webservices Account ID
- Assign the Shippit Integration role to employee (integration user) in Netsuite
- Assign integration user in the Shippit preferences area in Netsuite
- Create a Netsuite Access token to retrieve the Token Id and the Token Secret
- Input Netsuite Webservice Account ID, Token ID, and Token Secret into Shippit setup.
- In Netsuite configure the bundle with Shippit API key (required for Shippit to receive orders from Netsuite via webhook)
Installing the Shippit bundle
1. Ensure you're logged in as a user that has an appropriate level of access e.g. an admin or eCommerce manager
2. Find the bundle through the top navigation bar and go to Customization > SuiteBundler > Search and Install Bundles
3. Search for "Shippit Integration" and click on the bundle link
4. Click "Install" and once again on the following screen
5. Select "OK" when the confirmation pop-up appears
6. You can check the progress of your integration by clicking on "Refresh" on the "Installed Bundles" page
7. To view installed bundles navigate to Customization > SuiteBundler > Search and Install Bundles > List
Assigning integration role to user
8. On the top navigation bar go to Lists > Employees > Employees
9. Find your account (or the user that has admin access) and click "Edit"
10. Scroll down and find the "Access" tab below the Classification panel
11. Under roles type and search for "Shippit Integration" and select the role
12. Click "Save"
13. On the top navigation bar go to Setup > Shippit > Preferences and click "Edit" to access your Shippit Preferences page
14. On this page, select the "Integration User" drop-down and choose the user you just gave the Shippit Integration role access to.
15. Also on this page, under "API SERVER" please select which Shippit environment you want to integrate with i.e. Shippit staging (sandbox) or Shippit production (live)
16. Please also note down the Webservice Account ID
Creating Your Access Token
17. In Netsuite, navigate to Setup > User/Roles > Access Tokens > New
Note: If you can not create an access token, your administrator needs to enable it on your account. Please see this guide on how to do so.
18. Please selec the following drop-down options:
- Application Name: Shippit
- User: You or the Admin
- Role: Shippit Integration
19. The token name can be one of your choosing e.g. Shippit Connector
20. Please note down the Token ID and the Token Secret
Important: Please do not leave this page as you will need to copy/paste the token details into the Shippit integration set up page.
Linking Shippit with Netsuite
21. Go to your Shippit account and after selecting the drop-down navigation at the top right of the page go to Settings > Integrations
22. In the list of integrations, click on the Netsuite logo. This should display a page to enter in your Netsuite credentials
23. Please select your Netsuite environment (Live or Sandbox) and copy in your Netsuite credentials:
- Webservice Account ID
- Token ID
- Token Secret
24. Click "CONTINUE" to finalise the integration connection
Entering your Shippit API key in Netsuite to generate the Shippit Webhook URL
25. After authentication please scroll up and copy your Shippit API key
26. Head back into Netsuite and go back to Shippit Connect Preferences page (please make sure you click "Edit" and not "View")
27. Paste your Shippit API key in the "AUTHENTICATION TOKEN" field and click "Save"
28. Your Shippit Webhook URL should now be populated (this is required when fulfilling orders in Netsuite).
29. Once you've completed all these steps, you will need to enable the SALES ORDER OBSERVER in your Shippit Connect Preferences in Netsuite when you are ready to start importing your sales orders to Shippit.