1. Installing the app
1.1. Log into your Shippit account and navigate to Settings > Integrations
1.2. Scroll down and click on the Shopify logo
1.3. Enter in your store name and Shopify domain and click "Continue"
Please ensure that the URL only contains the store name and the domain e.g. shippit-apps.myshopify.com
1.4. If you don't see a pop-up window appear to complete the authentication, you will see the tooltip: Don't see a popup to connect your store? Click here
1.5. Click on the link and you should see the popup window appear asking you to either log in or to install the app (if you are already logged into your Shopify store)
1.6. Install the app and the window should close and your integration settings page should refresh
Once you have successfully integrated, navigate to your Shopify Integrations Settings page on Shippit via the drop-down arrow at the top right of the page > Settings > Integrations > Shopify Integration Settings:
Use Shippit to calculate shipping costs at the checkout. Please note product attributes (weight, quantity) and address information will be used to determine shipping costs.
Live Quotes: Use Shippit to calculate live shipping costs from Shippits at the checkout
Available Services: This option allows you to choose which services live quotes will display, you can choose to have ONLY one service, two or all three.
Configure how you would like to synchronise your orders with Shippit. You can specify tags to filter out which orders you'd like to automatically or manually synchronise.
Auto Sync new orders: Enabling this will ensure orders are automatically pushed to Shippit. By default this is enabled.
Auto Sync Event: Determines what trigger the order sync is based off e.g. when an order is paid or when it is created
Note: Shopify will not trigger the paid event if payment is captured outside of Shopify platform e.g. if an order is paid on eBay. We recommend to update the sync event to “When an order is created”
Sync Delivery instructions: If enabled, Shippit will pull in special instructions / order notes and display them in the delivery instructions section. We will also automatically mark the order with Authority To Leave in Shippit if we detect the terms “ATL” or “Authority To Leave”
Default Email: The default email address will be used for order details that do not contain a customer’s email address. This is because an email is mandated in Shippit
Product tags: Filter out orders that contain a certain product tag. A common use case is if you have pre-order sales which you would like to hold until you’re ready to fulfill them.
Note:: By default, the entire order will not sync to Shippit but you can opt-in to partially sync orders with product tags not in your exclusion rules using the checkbox below.
Shipping Method Mapping: Match your Shopify shipping methods to a Shippit carrier service (a good example is shown in the screenshot)
Only Auto-Sync New Orders...checkbox: Only Auto-Sync New Orders that contain a Shippit Shipping Method, or a Shipping Method Mapped below
Note: If you have a Method called Free Shipping, Shippit won't know if you would like this to be shipped with an express, standard or priority carrier service unless you map it in the Shipping method mapping section.
Fulfill Orders: Enable this setting to mark orders as fulfilled * in Shopify. With this setting enabled, Shippit will update all tracking information against the order in your shopping cart.
Fulfillment location: Set the location ** where orders are being shipped from
* Note: Shippit’s ability to update the order with tracking information will fail if you create a manual fulfilment on the order in Shopify
** Note: Please ensure the location contains stock and is a physical location e.g. PO Boxes will not work.
Testing & Final Checks
2.1. Create a dummy order in Shopify and mark it as paid (you can create a $0.00 order for this)
2.2. Go to your Shopify Apps and click on the Shippit app
2.3. Here you will be able to both see a history of orders sent to Shippit and a history of shipments created. You can also configure your integration settings here.
2.4. You should see the order appear in the Order Sync History
2.5. Go back to your Shippit account and confirm that the order appears in your New Orders tab
Note: You may see two of the same order appear in your New Orders page due to the fact that you have the old app still running in the background
3. Final Checks
3.1. Please go back into your Shippit integration settings (Settings > Integrations) and check the following:
3.2. That the webhook URL has updated to the following format - https://connect.shippit.com/shippit/webhooks/shopify...
3.3. You now have access the Shopify Integration Settings
Note: If the webhook URL has not updated please do the following:
3.4. In the Shopify Integration Settings panel click on Fulfillments
3.5. Click on UPDATE and refresh your browser
4. Manually Syncing Orders
There are a few ways you can manually sync orders to Shippit:
4.1. In Shopify:
4.2. Manually sync orders in bulk: Orders > select the rows of the orders you wish to sync > Actions > Send to Shippit
4.3. Manually sync an individual order: Orders > click the order number > More actions > Send to Shippit
4.4. You can also manually sync orders via Shippit Connect (this can be accessed by either navigating to Shopify > Apps > Shippit Connect or Shippit > Settings > Integrations > Shopify Integration Settings):
4.5. Click “Import Orders” to manually import all unfulfilled orders that are pending fulfillment
Note: This will import any orders pending fulfillment
4.6. You should see a green "processing" bar appear at the top of the page informing you of how many orders are being synced across
You can also manually import orders by:
4.7. Order Number - simply type in the Shopify order reference ID (e.g. 100)
4.8. Created Date - to import all orders created from the date and time specified (there is also an option to re-import previously imported orders)
Important to note:
- Only unfulfilled orders will be imported
- Only the past 60 days worth of orders can be imported
Shippit Connect is our middleware platform that lets you observe the history of orders and fulfillments that have been synced to/from Shippit. You can also update the Order and Fulfillment settings for the Shopify integration here, too.
The main use of this platform is to perform the following functions:
- Observe your order sync history and see which orders successfully were sent to Shippit including any that failed
- Observe your fulfillment history and see which orders successfully were sent to Shopify including any that failed
- Update your integration settings
- Import an order by "Order ID"
- Import an order by "Creation Date"
- If I delete or make an amendment to an order in Shippit, will it delete/update in Shopify?
- Why am I not receiving tracking updates for the orders I have booked through Shippit?
Check your Shippit Fulfilment Settings in Shopify to see if they are enabled. If so, check your Shippit Webhook URL in Shippit. If empty, re-register your Webhook by disabling Fulfilment Settings in Shopify, and then re-enabling.
- Why didn’t my order sync to Shippit?
This could be due to a couple of reasons:
- Check the user and delivery address details of the order are correct.
- Confirm you have the appropriate carriers enabled in Shippit e.g. international carriers.
- Why is Shippit saying my Shopify store is already connected with a Shippit account?
If your user has access to multiple companies in Shopify, due to a conflict of browser sessions, the app may attempt to automatically link your store with a Shippit store you were previously logged into. If this occurs, please contact Shippit Support so that the duplicate connection can be removed. Additionally, we recommend that you reconnect via an incognito window.
- Can I live quote on international orders within the Shopping Cart?
- What is the difference between syncing orders when they are paid vs. when they are created?
On the Shopify app, you can decide when and how they automatically sync orders to Shippit. You can access these settings by navigating through the following pages on Shopify:
Login to your Shopify store account > Apps > Shippit > Settings > Orders > Auto-Sync Event
On the Auto-Sync Event setting, you have one of two options:
- When an order is marked as paid: This setting is on by default and means that any orders marked as "paid" on Shopify will automatically get sent to Shippit. Orders from external shopping carts such as The Iconic or eBay will NOT auto-sync with Shippit. This is because the payment trigger occurs outside of Shopify and hence Shippit is never notified that an order is paid on Shopify. Unfortunately, this trigger event is something out of Shippit's control. As a work around, you can sync orders based on when they are created.
- When an order is created: This setting allows you to sync orders when they are created.
Beware: having this setting on will mean ALL orders created on Shopify will be sent to Shippit. These include, but are not limited to, orders deemed fraudulent, suspect or pending payment. Hence, it will be up to you to manually verify these type of orders on Shippit before booking a courier to pick up those orders.
Shopify Tips & Tricks
- Partial exclusions can be made based off product tags that are specified within your Shopify Integration Settings
- You can specify which shipping methods you wish to map, for example, all orders except those that are Click & Collect, using the “Only Auto-Sync New Orders that contain a Shippit Shipping Method or a Shipping Method Mapped below” checkbox within your Shopify Integration Settings