Downloading the plugin
1. In your Shippit account, navigate to Settings > Integrations > Select an Integration > WooCommerce
2. Download the plugin by clicking Download on the new tab that opens.
You can install this plugin directly from your WordPress dashboard:
- Navigate to Plugins section of WooCommerce admin
- Click Add New
- Upload the woocommerce-shippit.zip file you downloaded earlier
- Navigate to WooCommerce > Settings > Shippit
- Set the “Enabled” field to “Yes”
- Enter API Key and save settings
- Select the
How do I get an API key?
Sign up for an account at www.shippit.com and locate your API key in Settings (Settings > Integrations > API Key)
1. General Settings
General Settings allow you to connect your WooCommerce store with Shippit:
Enabled: Determines whether live quoting, order sync and fulfillment sync are enabled and active
API key: API key found on your Shippit account within settings.
Environment: The environment to connect to for all quotes and order sync operations - Ensure it's set to LIVE
Debug: If debug mode is enabled, all events are requested are logged to the debug log file, this will help tech support/mamis troubleshoot any issues that occur
2. Cart & Checkout Options
Show/hide additional fields in the cart and checkout areas:
Display city field in shipping estimator: If you are using Shippit live quotes, ensure this option is enabled so that we can retrieve quotes for shipping estimations from the shipping calculator
Display Authority to leave (ATL): Determines whether to show the authority to leave field in the checkout or not
3. Order Sync Settings
Order Sync Settings refers to your preferences for when an order should be sent to Shippit and the type of Shipping Service to utilise:
Send all orders: Automatically sync all new orders to Shippit
Standard shipping methods: The third party Shipping methods that should be allocated to a "Standard" Shippit service
Express shipping methods: The third party Shipping methods that should be allocated to an "Express" Shippit service
Click & Collect shipping methods: The third party Shipping methods that should be allocated to a "Click & Collect" Shippit service
Plain label shipping methods: The third party Shipping methods that should be allocated to a "Plain Label" Shippit service
4. Fulfillment Settings
Enable this setting to mark orders as fulfilled in WooCommerce. With this setting enabled, Shippit will update all tracking information against the order as it is fulfilled:
Enabled: Enable the fulfillment of orders from Shippit to WooCommerce
- Why am I not receiving tracking updates for the orders I have booked through Shippit?
Check your Shippit Fulfilment Settings in WooCommerce to see if they are enabled. If so, check your Shippit Webhook URL in Shippit. If empty, re-register your Webhook by disabling Fulfilment Settings in WooCommerce, and then re-enabling.
- When do orders come to Shippit?
The event trigger is when the order moves to “Processing”.
- Why didn’t my order sync to Shippit?
This could be due to a couple of reasons:
- Check the user and delivery address details of the order are correct.
- Confirm you have the appropriate carriers enabled in Shippit e.g. international carriers.
- Does Shippit sync across dimensions?
Yes, both dimensions and weights are synced across.
- If I delete or make an amendment to an order in Shippit, will it delete/update in WooCommerce?
- Can I live quote on international orders within the Shopping Cart?
- Does Shippit pull across virtual items?
- Can I map a shipping method to a carrier?
Unfortunately not, at this stage. However, you can map to a service class.
- In my WooCommerce Shipping Settings, what is Shippit (Legacy)?
This was added for compatibility to our legacy system, and can be ignored.
- How do I re-import an order into Shippit?
Use the Order actions dropdown in the sales order, or the Bulk actions dropdown in the Orders grid, and select “Send to Shippit”.
- I have bulk sent a list of orders to Shippit, but only some are appearing. Why?
Check to see if the Shippit syncOrders cron job is enabled and running. You can view/update its recurrence by navigating to: WooCommerce > Tools > Cron Events > Hook Name: syncOrders > Edit
For more information on cron jobs, click here.
WooCommerce Tips & Tricks
- Take advantage of WooCommerce’s zone based shipping methods to easily control how you ship to specified geographical areas. For more information on how you can do this, click here.
- To easily view how an order is tracking, click the tracking number provided in the Shipments bucket, located in the Sales order.