If you would prefer to use your own carrier account please email email@example.com and provide the following information. If you do not already have this information, please continue reading below to learn how to obtain this information.
NOTE: If your subscription plan has assigned an account manager to you, please send the below details to them directly.
- Shippit Store Name - The name of your merchant account
- Account Number - Your unique Startrack account number
- API Key - The API key provided by Startrack
- Secret Key - Your StarTrack API key password
- Product Code/s - If you don't know your product code/s, please contact your StarTrack Account Manager to acquire it
- StarTrack Account Manager Details (if any) - Name, email and contact number
Upon submission of the complete information enumerated above, the configuration may take a day to set up.
A commonly missed step by Merchants is the activation of the API key. If your team is experiencing issues with this, please screenshot the activation screen as pictured below and send it to Support.
To get to this page, your team needs to login to the Auspost Developer Portal > click on the projects tab > click on Services on the left. Once on this page, turn on all buttons and click update.
Obtaining Australia Post API Credentials
To generate an API key, you will need the following:
- An eParcel or Startrack account, along with an Australia Post business credit account
- Your account number
If you do not currently have an account with Australia Post or Startrack, please phone 13 11 18 and arrange to open a business credit account and include eParcel. Alternatively, you can contact Startrack here.
1. Set Up a Developer Centre account
Complete all fields on the registration page and make sure to activate your account once you have received a confirmation email from Australia Post.
Note: if you have a MyPost account that is registered under your business email address, you can use the same credentials to access the Developer Centre.
Register for the Shipping & Tracking APIs at https://developers.auspost.com.au/apis
Click the Register link and Complete Registration to continue.
2. Activate Shipping and Tracking API
Make sure to specify that you are looking for an API key that has access to tracking, product pricing, lodgement and label printing, then enter the Australia Post and Startrack accounts to be linked to the key.
Important note: Australia Post's account numbers are all linked to individual lodgement points, meaning that only one account can be used per physical location. Please see best practice set up below.
Individual Lodgement Points (Best Practice Set Up)
If you have more than one store location, multiple pick up addresses or use more than one lodgement point, you will need to link all relevant account numbers to one API key. Please ensure you specify all account numbers that will be used via the APIs in the comments field in the last step of the registration process and identify one "leader account" for billing purposes (this should be your main Australia Post credit account).
We recommend the following template:
3. Specify Platform Partner
Specify Shippit as your Platform Partner and indicate that you are willing to give us consent to access your account by checking the box below the partner list.
Important note: This is an important step as it allows our team to troubleshoot any issues on your behalf.
Please wait for the confirmation email and then follow the steps as advised. This should be received within 1 business day.
4. Create a Project for the API Key
To create your new API key, open the Projects tab and then Create new project.
Important note: This is an important step often missed
Name your project, and within the Organisation menu select the correct charge account. Click Create Project.
5. Create an API Key
Within the project menu list to the left of the screen,
(1) Click on API Access.
(2) Click on Create a key.
Please note: This can only get created if a project is created first.
(3) Create a Key nickname and a Secret (password) for the key as directed and then Create key.
Please note: The Secret and API key will be used by our team to securely communicate with Australia Post's systems.
6. Add Services to your API Key
Important Note: This is the most important step in configuring your API key as without Services, the API key is a blank slate.
(1) Select Services from the project menu
(2) Change the Active status for all APIs to ON.
(3) Make sure to click Update to save these changes.
7. Provide Credentials to Shippit
Once your API key is generated, please share the API key and password along with your 10-digit Australia Post account number with Support.
(1) Provide all relevant account numbers and the name of the matching store(s) in Shippit.
(2) Any specific Startrack product preferences like Pack and Track and SafeDrop enablement or disablement
If any issues arise prior to receiving your API keys from Startrack, please contact the Startrack Customer Connectivity team or your Startrack account manager and copy in Support.