All merchants have the ability to bring their own Australia Post rates to Shippit. To turn these rates on, follow the simple steps below.
1. Go to Settings in your account.
2. Select Carriers
3. Select "Link Account" next to either Australia Post and/or Australia Post Express
3. Input credentials provided by Australia Post (Instructions on how to obtain below).
3. Confirm credentials are correct. If not, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
* Please note: After connecting your account Shippit will display the default product preference to connect your account. If you require specific product preference defaults to be used, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to update this setting immediately.
A commonly missed step by Merchants is the activation of the API key. If your team is experiencing issues with this, please screenshot the activation screen as pictured below and send to Support.
To get to this page, your team needs to login to the Auspost Developer Portal > click on the projects tab > click on Services on the left. Once on this page, turn on all buttons and click update.
Obtaining Australia Post API Credentials
To generate an API key, you will need the following:
- An eParcel or Australia Post account, along with an Australia Post business credit account
- Your account number
If you do not currently have an account with Australia Post, please phone 13 11 18 and arrange to open a business credit account and include eParcel. Alternatively, you can contact Australia Post here.
1. Set Up a Developer Centre account
Complete all fields on the registration page and make sure to activate your account once you have received a confirmation email from Australia Post.
Note: if you have a MyPost account that is registered under your business email address, you can use the same credentials to access the Developer Centre.
Register for the Shipping & Tracking APIs at https://developers.auspost.com.au/apis
Click the Register link and Complete Registration to continue.
2. Activate Shipping and Tracking API
Make sure to specify that you are looking for an API key that has access to tracking, product pricing, lodgement and label printing, then enter the Australia Post account to be linked to the key.
Important note: Australia Post's account numbers are all linked to individual lodgement points, meaning that only one account can be used per physical location. Please see best practice set up below.
Individual Lodgement Points (Best Practice Set Up)
If you have more than one store location, multiple pick up addresses, or use more than one lodgement point, you will need to link all relevant account numbers to one API key. Please ensure you specify all account numbers that will be used via the APIs in the comments field in the last step of the registration process and identify one "leader account" for billing purposes (this should be your main Australia Post credit account).
We recommend the following template:
3. Specify Platform Partner
Specify Shippit as your your Platform Partner and indicate that you are willing to give us consent to access your account by checking the box below the partner list.
Important note: This is an important step as it allows our team to troubleshoot any issues on your behalf.
Please wait for confirmation email and then follow the steps as advised. This should be received within 1 business day.
4. Create a Project for the API Key
To create your new API key, open the Projects tab and then Create new project.
Important note: This is an important step often missed
Name your project, and within the Organisation menu select the correct charge account. Click Create Project.
5. Create an API Key
Within the project menu list to the left of the screen,
(1) Click on API Access.
(2) Click on Create a key.
Please note: This can only get created if a project is created first.
(3) Create a Key nickname and a Secret (password) for the key as directed and then Create key.
Please note: The Secret and API key will be used by our team to securely communicate with Australia Post's systems.
6. Add Services to your API Key
Important Note: This is the most important step in configuring your API key as without Services, the API key is a blank slate.
(1) Select Services from the project menu
(2) Change the Active status for all APIs to ON.
(3) Make sure to click Update to save these changes.
7. Input Credentials into Shippit Settings
Once your API key is generated, please follow activation steps at the top of the page. If you have any issues or concerns, please contact Support with the Api key and password along with your 10-digit Australia Post account number. Also consider sharing:
(1) Provide all relevant account numbers and the name of the matching store(s) in Shippit.
(2) Any specific Australia Post product preferences like Pack and Track and SafeDrop enablement or disablement
If any issues arise prior to receiving your API keys from Australia Post, please contact the Australia Post Customer Connectivity team or your Australia Post account manager and copy in Support.