From Tuesday 12 March, we are changing how we bill you when you incur redelivery surcharges with TNT.
Please see FAQs below.
What is changing and why?
If you have used Shippit’s shipping rates with TNT and incurred redelivery surcharges in the past, Shippit would have paid these surcharges completely. However to maintain our reliable service and keep monthly subscription fees low, we will start adding these surcharges to your regular payment cycle.
If you are on account, you will now see ‘TNT redelivery surcharge’ appear on your monthly Shippit invoice at the end of your billing period.
If you pay by credit card, you will be charged by Shippit directly for each redelivery.
How can I avoid redelivery surcharges?
You can reduce TNT redelivery surcharges buy enabling Authority to Leave (ATL) on your TNT orders.
By enabling ATL, you increase the likelihood of your items being delivered the first time and increasing customer satisfaction.
How do I enable Authority To Leave (ATL)?
Depending on your fulfilment process you can enable ATL either in the Shippit App or in the Order API.
In the Shippit App ATL could be set per order either on the _‘New Orders’_ or _‘Send’_ tabs.
In the Order API ATL could be set with the _‘authority_to_leave’_ attribute.
Should you require any assistance to introduce ATL in your fulfilment process, please speak to one of our friendly shipping experts.
How much is the redelivery surcharge if ATL is switched on?
- The redelivery surcharge for an order with ATL switched on is $20 including GST
How much is the redelivery surcharge if ATL is switched off?
- The redelivery surcharge for an order with ATL switched off is $10 including GST
Why is there still a redelivery surcharge if ATL is switched on?
- In the unlikely event that the TNT driver is unable to find a safe place to leave the customer’s order, TNT will reattempt delivery
Does ATL show on the TNT label?
- Yes, ATL now shows on the order label
How many times will TNT attempt redelivery?
- Usually, TNT will reattempt delivery twice before returning the order to sender. Shippit will only charge you for the first re-delivery surcharge per order, we will absorb the costs for the second redelivery attempt.
Will the redelivery surcharges be reflected in my reporting tab within the Shippit app?
- Redelivery surcharges will be added to your TNT shipping spend in your reporting dashboard.