If you would like to activate SEKO Logistics for international shipping, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following information:
- Authorised Representative’s Name - the person responsible for packing and shipping
- Contact number of the Representative
- Email address of the Representative
- Shippit Store Name - The name of your merchant account
- Shipping Address - Your store’s pickup address
SEKO only service areas sent from Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane so far, which will expand over time. Click here for a list of serviceable suburbs and their postcodes. Please check this to confirm if your area is included.
Also, you can their rate card to get a better idea of the rates offered by clicking here.
NOTE: The maximum dead weight limits are as follows:
- 10.5kg - United States
- 25kg - Rest of the World
SEKO ANNOUNCEMENT - 11th March 2019
Over the last 2 months there has been an increase in both freight and courier consignments being stopped for documentation review and physical screening. This has been a direct result of a number of Biosecurity breaches in the Auckland region where both stink bug and Queensland fruit flies have been identified, which are both major issues to the substantial New Zealand farming and product industries. Recently on top of this NZ Customs have made a number of large seizures of Class A drugs being imported through parcel shipments. As such border agencies in New Zealand have increased the screening of documents and physical freight across all mail, courier, and freight channels. So what does that mean for everyone?
- If you move cargo through a commercial clearance process (as SEKO do), small volumes of random shipments will be stopped by NZ Customs TSW (Trade Single Window) system.
- At that time NZ Customs/MPI send a list of held orders for every master consolidation of cargo, and SEKO staff reach out to the individual retailers to provide copies of the commercial invoices relevant to each customer order that has been stopped. At this time the retailer has the ability to communicate to the end customer of a delay in the parcel due to government screening, you can also opt them in for automated milestone updates from OmniParcel as the shipments progress through the next steps
- SEKO’s customs broker submits this documentation electronically via the TSW for MPI to review the documentation
- Within 48-72 hours MPI will either clear an individual order, and release it automatically in the system, or a parcel will be moved to a physical screening process which will take another 48 hours to book in.
- Once cleared SEKO scan goods into the commerce of NZ, and they are immediately handed to our deliver partner PBT for delivery. All of these updates are available via the OmniParcel tracking portal to you the retailer, and the customer.
- There is a NZ Customs fee of $28.70 per order system stopped for screening, refer the below link for MPI costs
While the above increased screening process creates additional work and delays to orders being imported into NZ, it is however a completely transparent process. Any traffic being imported via a mail channel has absolutely no visibility to any parcels delayed until a letter is received by the final customer instructing them to provide an invoice to NZ Customs, and deal with both NZ Customs and MPI, resolving the issue and paying the associated inspection fees through far slower, public contact points. The entire customer journey is quite terrible.
The SEKO team has conducted industry wide reviews of best in class methods to deal with NZ Customs/MPI increased screenings, and continue to be in weekly discussions with both organisations to better understand how we can further refine any processes to decrease the screening of SEKO shipped items. But this is very much a focal point of the New Zealand Government, so must be seen as part of the requirements of cross border shipping to New Zealand.