When can I incur an additional charge?
There are a few reasons why we might need to invoice you for an additional amount from the carrier, see below:
A re-delivery fee.
- This applies to TNT and Allied Express deliveries, if the customer hasn't given authority to leave and isn't available at the time of delivery, the goods will most likely be returned to the depot for re-delivery to be booked.
- As these carriers allow redelivery online, the receiver can easily book redelivery at any time and these charges will always be passed onto the sender. See more on this here.
TNT manual handling charge (MHP).
MHP is charged per item requiring manual handling. This can be charged for several reasons:
Goods that are not palletised correctly.
- Due to Australian OHS standards, you will need to use a skid or pallets for any boxes that weigh over 30kgs as a forklift will need to transport the box at pickup and delivery.
- If you do not place goods on a skid or pallet, TNT will do so for you however this will incur a manual handling fee. You may also incur additional charges based on the greater cubic weight if they do not have the appropriate size skid available for you. See more on Skids & Pallets here.
Fragile or Odd-shaped.
- Fragile goods such as glass and liquids, goods with poor packaging, or even unusually shaped goods (including tubes, flat pack items and dangerous goods) will all require manual handling.
- Anything that exceeds the max size limit and can't travel through the automated sortation system will also be taken off for manual handling. See more on this here.
- This is charged when there is a discrepancy in the overall cubic weight.
- A carrier will always weigh and cube your package in their automated sortation system. If there is a difference with what they capture vs what was declared on Shippit, this is considered under-declared (i.e a Misdec).
- The carrier will send Shippit the correct cubic weight captured and then Shippit's Account Team will invoice the sender for these additional charges.
What to do if you believe the carrier has made a mistake?
- If there has been an error on the carrier's part we will endeavour to retrieve compensation for you however sufficient proof must be provided first. Payment is still required until the dispute has been finalised with the carrier & credit has been approved & received.
- For each label in the order that you're disputing, you'll need to supply the required evidence from section A and B, OR A and C noted below. You can send this to our support team via firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back in touch to assist.