Why have I been invoiced for an extra delivery cost or surcharge?
There are a few reasons why we might need to invoice you for an additional amount due to a delivery surcharge.
Under declared goods or a weight variance. This is charged when there is a discrepancy in the overall cubic weight meaning the deadweight and dimensions given at the time of booking do not line up with what the carrier has calibrated.
TNT Manual handling charge (MHP).
- TNT redelivery fee.
What is a manual handling charge (MHP)?
- This fee is charged per item when an item is deemed incompatible with the carrier's automated sortation system.
- It can also be charged if heavy, bulky freight is not palletised.
Important note for TNT bookings.
- Items over 30kg are automatically booked on a tail lift truck and must be placed onto a skid or pallet so that they could be handled by a forklift or pallet jack during transport.
- Items not placed on a skid or pallet will require manual handling during transport and will therefore attract a manual handling fee. You will then receive an invoice from Shippit for the additional charges with reference to the MHP charge.
TNTs additional charges and how they work.
- TNT specialise in bulky and heavy freight however goods must be packaged accordingly to travel safely, and avoid additional charges.
- The quote provided at the time of booking on Shippit is based on the information you provide and subject to change. If the details are not accurate and goods are undeclared, this will attract an additional charge.
- You will also incur additional charges if the goods require manual handling due to not being palletised, or not being packaged sufficiently.
What to do if you think you've been incorrectly charged?
- Send us an email with the invoice number, order details, and describe how the goods were sent (i.e on a pallet or skid, or on its own).
- Attach proof of the goods dispatched so we can clearly determine the size and weight of the package you sent.
- Our team will investigate things with the courier and get back to you to assist.