Have you been invoiced for an additional delivery charge you weren't expecting?
Why have I been invoiced for an extra delivery cost or surcharge?
There are a few reasons why we might need to invoice you for an additional amount due to a delivery surcharge.
Under declared goods or a weight variance. This is charged when there is a discrepancy in the overall cubic weight meaning the deadweight and dimensions given at the time of booking do not line up with what the carrier has calibrated.
Manual handling charge (MHP).
What is a manual handling charge (MHP)?
- This fee is charged per item when an item is deemed incompatible with TNT's automated sortation system.
Why and when is MHP charged?
- MHP is typically charged due to size, weight, fragility (including glass and liquids), poor packaging or unusual shapes (including tubes, flat pack items and dangerous goods).
- Liquids, dangerous goods, and fragile items should always be labelled as such and always follow TNT's strict guidelines found on the TNT website here.
- MHP can also be charged when goods >30kg are not palletised for the forklift 717B tail lift service. This service is automatically booked on Shippit when goods are declared >30kg (cubic or deadweight) and as such, goods of this weight must be properly packaged.
What to do if you think you've been incorrectly charged?
- Send us an email with the invoice number, order details, and describe how the goods were sent (i.e on a pallet or skid, or on its own).
- Attach proof of the goods dispatched so we can clearly determine the size and weight of the package you sent.
- Our team will investigate things with the courier and get back to you within 24hours.