Things don't always go to plan, we get it. That's why we're super excited to announce, we're now offering Shippit Transit Protection with selected carriers when booking through Shippit.
What is Shippit transit protection?
Package been lost or damaged during transit, don't worry. With Transit Protection, we'll cover you for the cost of goods to ensure you & your customers are not at a loss.
- you're covered for the retail value* of goods, not wholesale value like other warranty providers. *coverage up to 1500AU.
- there's no deductible (nope, no excess fees to lodge a claim).
- fast turnaround time (usually within a few days, not weeks).
- There are none!
- Goods deemed missing or damaged by the carrier so long as it's not on the Prohibited Goods List.
What's not covered?
- Damage or losses resulting from intentional errors by the Client
- Damage or losses caused by inadequate or incompatible packaging or preparation of Goods for reasonable protection during transit
- Damage or losses caused by damage or deterioration resulting from the inherent properties or nature of the Goods
- Damage or losses caused by insolvency or financial failure of the owner of the charter manager or vessel operator, where the Client knew or reasonably ought to have known about such insolvency or financial failure
- Damage or direct or indirect losses arising from the use of any weapon or war equipment that uses atomic power or fission and / or nuclear fusion or other similar reactions or power or radioactive material
- Loss due to parcel contents listing / information not being consistent with the actual contents of the parcel
- All types of drugs and other substances that are prohibited from transport or possession under the relevant laws, and including prescription drugs
- Loss or damage caused by nature of items including wear or shrinking
- Loss or damage caused as a result of oxidation, pollution or nuclear
- Losses caused by collusion / conspiracy / fraud carried out in groups between buyers and sellers
- Damage to the Goods and loss of some items that are not accompanied by damage of shipping package
- Pre-existing damage of Goods
- Any goods which are prohibited from being sold, owned or circulated to consumers under Australian law
- Media in the form of CD / DVD / VCD, or other recording media that are contrary to copyright law. These include those containing pirated movies, music, games or software
- Government and travel documents
- Human parts / organs
- Printed / recorded items whose contents can interfere with security & order and national stability
- Live animals
- Cash, gold, and/or precious stones
How do I get Shippit transit protection?
- You can select* which carriers you want full coverage with. Contact our support team via email@example.com to get coverage. *this is not complimentary.
- You'll receive automatic complimentary coverage on selected carriers*. See here for more info.
- Allied Priority Same Day.
- Allied Road Express (standard).
- TNT Overnight Express *complimentary until the end of Dec 2019.