Things don't always go to plan, we get it. That's why we're now offering our own Shippit Transit Protection program when booking through Shippit.
You can choose selected carriers with opt-in coverage or receive complimentary coverage on Shippit selected carriers for a limited time!
Choose any partnered carrier, or add coverage to your own BYO integrated account.
What is Shippit transit protection?
Package been lost or damaged during transit? Don't worry! Our Transit Protection program will help protect you for when things go wrong.
- you're covered for the retail value (not wholesale value like other warranty providers).
- complimentary coverage will automatically cover you for >1500au retail value*
- opt-in premium coverage will cover you for >10,000au*
- there's no deductible (nope, no excess fees to lodge a claim).
- fast turnaround time (usually within a few days, not weeks).
NOTE: Terms and conditions apply.
There are none!
Lost or damaged goods so long as the item is not on the Prohibited Goods List, and packaged sufficiently to carrier standards.
What's not covered?
- Damage or losses resulting from intentional errors by the Client
- Damage or losses caused by inadequate or incompatible packaging or preparation of Goods for reasonable protection during transit
- Damage or losses caused by damage or deterioration resulting from the inherent properties or nature of the Goods
- Damage or losses caused by insolvency or financial failure of the owner of the charter manager or vessel operator, where the Client knew or reasonably ought to have known about such insolvency or financial failure
- Damage or direct or indirect losses arising from the use of any weapon or war equipment that uses atomic power or fission and / or nuclear fusion or other similar reactions or power or radioactive material
- Loss due to parcel contents listing / information not being consistent with the actual contents of the parcel
- All types of drugs and other substances that are prohibited from transport or possession under the relevant laws, and including prescription drugs
- Loss or damage caused by nature of items including wear or shrinking
- Loss or damage caused as a result of oxidation, pollution or nuclear
- Losses caused by collusion / conspiracy / fraud carried out in groups between buyers and sellers
- Damage to the Goods and loss of some items that are not accompanied by damage of shipping package
- Pre-existing damage of Goods
- Any goods which are prohibited from being sold, owned or circulated to consumers under Australian law
- Media in the form of CD / DVD / VCD, or other recording media that are contrary to copyright law. These include those containing pirated movies, music, games or software
- Government and travel documents
- Human parts / organs
- Printed / recorded items whose contents can interfere with security & order and national stability
- Live animals
- Cash, gold, and/or precious stones
How do I opt-in for the Shippit transit protection program?
Simply contact our support team via Live Chat or email@example.com and we'll help get you started!
Who do I contact when something is damaged or missing?
- Goods should not be signed for if damaged so it's crucial to remind customers to reject the delivery i.e don't accept the goods.
- The driver will then scan the goods as damaged and refused, then notify Shippit so we can assist you with a damage claim.
- Should the damage be internal and unnoticeable until opening the package, you'll need to obtain the below proof from the customer before escalating to Shippit.
- pictures clearly showing the damaged goods
- pictures clearly showing the internal and external packaging
- description of the damage and how the goods were packaged
- the customer should also hold onto the goods until further notice from Shippit as the driver may return to inspect or collect the goods
- Contact our support team via firstname.lastname@example.org so we can investigate with the courier
- Once the courier deems the goods missing, we can assist you with a damage claim
Check out carrier direct insurance options here!