Although carriers take great care throughout the delivery process, sometimes things can go wrong. Not ideal for anyone, we hear you.
In the event of driver negligence, damage, theft, or even loss in the carrier network - be sure to check your coverage to ensure you're not at a loss.
Packaging goods correctly is the sender's responsibility and due care must be taken to prevent damage. If the parcel is found insufficiently packaged, you will not be covered. Make sure your goods are well packed.
Claim timeframes are limited! Ensure you contact us and/or the carrier immediately to advise us of what's happened.
- Goods should not be signed for if damaged so it's crucial to remind customers to reject the delivery i.e don't accept the goods.
- The driver will then scan the goods as damaged and refused, then notify Shippit so we can assist you with a damage claim.
- Should the damage be internal and unnoticeable until opening the package, you'll need to obtain the below proof from the customer before escalating to Shippit.
- pictures clearly showing the damaged goods
- pictures clearly showing the internal and external packaging
- description of the damage and how the goods were packaged
- the customer should also hold onto the goods until further notice from Shippit as the driver may return to inspect or collect the goods
- Contact our support team via Live Chat (merchant) or Track Page (recipient) so we can investigate with the courier
- Once the courier deems the goods missing, we can assist you with processing a claim
|CouriersPlease||You're covered by courier direct insurance.||Complimentary with $100 excess on claims||<$1000AU wholesale value||Perishable & restricted goods|
|Fastway||You're covered by courier direct insurance.||Complimentary with no excess||<$1500AU wholesale value||Perishable & restricted goods|