Although carriers take great care throughout the delivery process, sometimes things can go wrong. Not ideal for anyone, we hear you.
What They Cover.
In the event of driver negligence, damage, theft, and loss in the network - you're covered if the carrier offers complimentary insurance options.
Otherwise, ensure you're always covered by turning on Shippit Transit Protection.
Packaging goods correctly is the sender's responsibility and due care must be taken to prevent damage. If the parcel is insufficiently packaged, you will not be covered so make sure your goods are well packed!
Prohibited goods are not covered and will not receive compensation.
All claims have expiry dates. Contact Shippit as soon as possible, if not immediately to ensure you don't miss out on making a claim!
If the external packaging is visibly damaged:
- the package should not be signed for if damaged.
- rejected deliveries are returned to the depot and reviewed so the courier can then contact Shippit with a damage report to assist with the claim.
If the damage isn't noticed until opening the package, contact Shippit with the below proof:
- pictures clearly showing the damaged goods
- pictures clearly showing the internal and external packaging
- description of the damage and how the goods were packaged
- the damaged package should remain at the delivery address until further notice from Shippit as the driver may return to inspect or collect the goods
NOTE: damage claims must be submitted within 24hours, if not immediately.
Lost or Missing Packages.
If a package hasn't arrived or says it's 'delivered' without actually being delivered, contact Shippit immediately.
Delivery disputes should be reported within 48hours so we can lodge an investigation with the delivery courier.
NOTE: if you're missing something from inside your order please contact the sender you purchased from for further assistance with the order itself as Shippit does not physically dispatch your order.
Carriers Offering Complimentary Insurance.
- Complimentary Insurance Cover of up to $1000 per consignment is complimentary.
- Complimentary insurance carries an excess fee of $100 per consignment on every claim.
- Terms and conditions apply.
- Claim expires 7 days from the delivery date.