Our same-day carriers do their absolute best to meet your chosen Shippit delivery window and we can happily say, 97% of these orders are delivered on time.
During peak times, couriers will enable extra drivers, extend service hours, and sometimes deliver on weekends, all to ensure your customers get their packages on time.
However, whilst a same-day delivery is guaranteed, the delivery timeslot itself is only an estimate, and occasionally delays are inevitable.
Here are a few things to remember with priority shipping.
- Priority orders are time-sensitive, should you need assistance with anything it's crucial to give us a call right away. We're also available on Livechat between 9am-6pm EST.
- Any changes to orders must come through Shippit, the courier will not accept changes at your request.
- If you operate out of a Westfield Dock, you will need to liaise with your local Dock Master to check if a booking is required prior to booking on Shippit.
- Goods must be ready at the time of booking as the order goes straight through to the courier. If goods are not ready, you may be liable for the futile charge.
- If the delivery requires assistance at either side of the delivery, additional charges will apply. Any additional charges will be invoiced back to the sender.
- If the customer is not home the driver will attempt to call the customer once. If the customer does not provide authority to leave, goods will be returned to the sender as a safety precaution. This cost comes at the sender's expense.
- Should we suspect a delay, we'll always give your customer a heads up via SMS or email.
- Any delays will be investigated with the courier to identify the root cause of the problem and why the service level couldn't be met. We work with all couriers very closely to ensure they uphold a high standard of service for our customers.
- Should a delay be determined within the courier's control, they'll normally offer partial compensation due to the delay and inconvenience. In this case, Shippit would also be able to offer partial compensation.
- Should the delay be due to something outside of the driver's control (i.e traffic, weather conditions), the courier would not normally provide credit. Shippit would therefore not be able to provide compensation.