Need assistance in implementing your integration? Connect with your account manager, sales contact, or firstname.lastname@example.org to avail professional services today!
- Integration Process
- Configuration Options
- Frequently Asked Questions
Install Through Shippit Integrations
Are you already using Shippit before you signed up for Shopify? If yes, this is the process that is best for you.
- Login to your Shippit store
- On the top right of your screen, click on the downward arrow
- Choose Settings on the extended options
- On the sidebar menu on the left, select Integrations
- On your right, scroll down and click on Shopify. This will load the Shippit app on the Shopify App Store.
- Click on Add App
- Log in to your Shopify store
CHECK your integration by ensuring you now have a Webhook URL. If you do not see the Webhook URL field populated, email email@example.com right away.
- In Shippit, go to Settings > Integration
- In Shopify, go to Apps > Shippit > Shippit Connect > Settings
Live Quotes - Turn this On so that customers can see the shipping cost upon checkout and choose which service they would like to pay for.
Available Services - This option allows you to choose the service class/es that will provide a live quote. You can choose to have specific service classes by only enlisting those or choose to quote from all three services classes - Priority/Same Day, Express, and Standard.
CUSTOMER VIEW OF LIVE QUOTES AT CHECKOUT
The Orders tab allows you to configure how you would like to synchronise your orders from Shopify to Shippit through the following options:
- Auto-Sync New Orders - set to Yes by default; this option ensures orders are automatically pulled across into Shippit from Shopify
- Auto-Sync Event - determines the required order status in Shopify so that an order can be automatically pulled across into Shippit
Shopify will not mark the order as paid if the payment is captured outside of the Shopify platform. If your set-up allows customers to pay on eBay, we recommend to that you set this option to When an order is created instead of When an order is marked as paid.
- Sync Delivery Instructions - allows you to decide whether you'd like the order notes/special instructions field in Shopify to be pulled across into Shippit as Delivery Instructions. Shippit also analyses the content of the field and when "ATL” or “Authority To Leave” is detected, the order is marked accordingly.
- Default Email - this will be used for orders that do not contain a customer’s email address
- Product Tags - this option allows you to stop orders with a certain product tag from being synced automatically from Shopify to Shippit; a common use is if a merchant offers pre-order sales which cannot be shipped yet until the stock is ready.
By default, the entire order that has an item with a restricted product tag will not sync to Shippit. You can, however, opt to partially sync items that do not have restricted product tags by ticking the box for Allow orders that contain products that are not excluded to be partially synced automatically.
Manual Order Import
- Manually import an individual order by going to Orders > Click the Order > Click on More Actions > Select Send to Shippit
- Manually import orders in bulk by going to Orders > Select the Orders > Click Actions > Send to Shippit
- Manually import an individual order by going to Settings > Integrations > Click the Downward Arrow next to Import Orders > Choose Order Number and enter the Shopify order reference number
- Manually import orders in bulk by going to Settings > Integrations > Click the Downward Arrow next to Import Orders > Choose Created Date and select the date and time from when you would like to import orders.
The limit for the time range is until 60 day past and only unfulfilled orders will be imported. You may also tick on Re-import previously imported orders.
Shipping Method Mapping
The Shipping Method Mapping function allows you to match your Shopify shipping methods to a specific service or service class in Shippit.
If you offer Free Shipping, you can minimise your shipping cost by identifying the specific service or service class that you would like the order to be transacted through.
You may also set to Don't Send to Shippit a certain Shopify Shipping Method that you fulfill through your own delivery team so that the orders do not flow into Shippit anymore.
Lastly, there is an option to map to Click & Collect.
This allows you to generate a label for an order and as soon as the label is downloaded, the order is moved from the New Orders tab to the Track tab.
- Fulfill Orders - allows you to decide whether you'd like Shippit to mark orders as fulfilled in Shopify. With this setting enabled, Shippit will update all tracking information on the order in your shopping cart.
Shippit’s ability to update the order with tracking information will fail if you create a manual fulfilment on the order in Shopify.
- Fulfillment Location - allows you to set the location where orders are being shipped out from.
Please ensure the location contains stock and is a physical location. PO Boxes are not accepted.
Shippit Connect Overview
- View Order Sync history - see which orders were successfully sent to Shippit including any that failed
- View Fulfillment Sync history - see which shipment status were successfully sent to Shippit including any that failed
Alternately, instead of going to Shippit Settings > Integrations, you can use this platform to:
- Update integration settings
- Import an order by Order ID
- Import an order by x days ago
TEST your configuration by creating a dummy order in Shopify based on the different order sync criteria you have identified here. If you encounter any challenges, email firstname.lastname@example.org right away.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I live quote an international order in the shopping cart?
- Does live quoting consider the product dimensions?
As dimensions cannot be configured against products in Shopify, live quoting will only take into account the weight of the products. In order to get the quote right, you need to make sure the Dead Weight of the product is defined equal to or greater than the Volumetric Weight. If there is a product where the Dead Weight is already higher than the Volumetric weight, leave it as it is. If the product Dead weight is less than Volumetric Weight then define its Dead weight to be equal to the Volumetric weight.
- Why can't I enable Live Quotes?
So you can start using any live quoting plugin to Shopify, it requires that you either (1) are on an Advanced Plan at least or (2) have the paid add-on feature "Calculated rates at checkout". You may get in touch with Shopify to upgrade or request this add-on feature.
- If I modify or delete an order in Shippit, will it update/delete the order in Shopify?
- Why am I not receiving tracking updates for the orders I have booked through Shippit?
- Why are my orders not syncing to Shippit?
- Incorrect content and/or format of customer and delivery information
- Insufficient carrier services activated in Shippit > Settings > Carriers
- Why does Shippit say that my Shopify store is already connected with a Shippit account?
- Why are orders from The Iconic or eBay not syncing automatically to Shippit?
- Partial exclusions can be made based off product tags that are specified within your Shopify Integration Settings. See Order Sync section above for more details.
- You can specify which shipping methods you wish to map. For example, all orders except those that are Click & Collect, using the “Only Auto-Sync New Orders that contain a Shippit Shipping Method or a Shipping Method Mapped below” checkbox within your Shopify Integration Settings. See Order Sync section above for more details.