- Integration Process
- Configuration Options
- Frequently Asked Questions
Generate an API Key in Cin7
The first step to integrate Shippit to Cin7 involves generating an API Key.
- Login to your Cin7 account
- On the bottom left of your screen, click the gear icon for Settings
- Choose Integrations on click API v1
- Take note of the API Username and click Add API Connection
- Take note of the App Name and click on Save
- Take note of the API Key and click on Back to Setup
- Locate the newly created Connection and click on Permissions
- Tick on the following boxes to grant permission and click on Save
If you have multiple branches in Cin7 that will have orders fulfilled in Shippit, please tick on Branches under Read.
Enter your Cin7 Details to Shippit
The second and last step of integration requires that you enter in Shippit the API details you generated from Cin7.
- Login to your Shippit store
- On the top right of your screen, click on the downward arrow
- Choose Settings on the extended options
- On the sidebar menu on the left, select Integrations
- On your right, scroll down and click on Cin7
- Enter your App Name as Store Name
- Enter your API Username as Username
- Enter your API Key as Password
- Click on Update
CHECK your integration by ensuring you now have a Webhook URL. If you do not see the Webhook URL field populated, email email@example.com right away.
All your configuration options may be accessed in Shippit by going to Settings > Integrations.
The Order Sync tab allows you to configure how you would like to synchronise your orders from Cin7 to Shippit through the following options:
- Auto-Sync New Orders - set to No by default; this option ensures orders in the identified import status is automatically pulled across into Shippit from Cin7
- Import Status - determines the required order status in Cin7 so that an order can be automatically pulled across into Shippit
- Default Email - this will be used for orders that do not contain a customer’s email address
Shipping Method Mapping
The Shipping Method Mapping function allows you to match your Cin7 shipping methods to a specific service or service class in Shippit.
If you offer Free Shipping, you can minimise your shipping cost by identifying the specific service or service class that you would like the order to be transacted through.
Lastly, there is an option to map to Click & Collect. This allows you to generate a label for an order and as soon as the label is downloaded, the order is moved from the New Orders tab to the Track tab.
Manually Import Orders
You can manually import orders to Shippit through our integration middleware, Shippit Connect.
- Manually import in bulk the orders awaiting fulfillment by going to Orders > Click Import Orders
- Manually import orders in bulk by going to Orders> Click the downward arrow next to Import Orders > Choose By Created Date and select the date and time from when you would like to import orders
- Manually import orders in bulk by going to Orders> Click the downward arrow next to Import Orders > Choose By Order Stage and select the order stage of the orders that you would like to import
- Manually import an individual order by going to Orders> Click the downward arrow next to Import Orders > Choose By Order Number and enter the Cin7 order reference number
- Update integration settings
- View order sync history - see which orders were successfully sent to Shippit including any that failed
- View fulfillment sync history - see which shipment status were successfully sent to Shippit including any that failed
The Shipment Sync tab allows you to configure how you would like to synchronise your orders' shipment status from Shippit to Cin7. With this setting enabled, Shippit will update Cin7 with all tracking information of the order.
If you have more than 1 company branch set-up in Cin7, the Locations tab allows you to identify which branches' orders and fulfilments will be synced to the Shippit store you are currently logged in to.
- Shippit Store - this is the Shippit store you are currently logged in to
- Cin7 Branches - choose All Branches or select the branches you want to sync orders to the identified Shippit store above
TEST your configuration by creating a dummy order in Cin7 based on the different order sync criteria you have defined. If you encounter any challenges, email firstname.lastname@example.org right away.
Frequently Asked Questions
- I have my Shopify account connected to Cin7. Which one should I connect my Shippit to?
Ultimately it depends on which platform you use as your source of truth for your ecommerce business if you are using a multi-integration setup. If you consider that to be Cin7, you will want to connect Shippit to Cin7 so you can manage inventory, tracking, and order fulfillment in one platform.
- I have my Shopify account connected to Cin7 which is connected to Shippit. Will this set-up update my orders on Shopify?
There is a third party app called Shopify Shippit-Shopify which you can download from the Cin7 App Store that will allow you sync the two together.
- Downloading orders from Shopify to Cin7
- Updating stock levels and automatic quantity addition/deduction in Shopify
- Order fulfillment which is done manually on the Cin7 interface
- Why can’t I connect even though I have already put in my API Username and API key?
Ensure API Connection Permissions have been set before integrating Shippit with Cin7 and check that there are no spaces or other invalid characters in your API key when copying and pasting across to Shippit.
- I am automatically importing orders but some appear to be missing. What do I do?
- Does Shippit support partial fulfillment for Cin7?
- When Shippit updates my order in Cin7, what does it update it with?
The following fields are updated in Cin7:
- Despatch Timestamp
- Tracking Code
- Internal Comments
- Carrier Fields.
- Does Shippit support multi-order routing based off branches?
- Can I live quote on international orders within the Shopping Cart?
- If I delete or make an amendment to an order in Shippit, will it delete/update in Cin7?
- To map my shipping methods, what field in Cin7 should I be mapping?