This page will outline any operational changes impacting the domestic Seko International network and service.
Friday, 5th June 2020 - Delivery Delays to the US.
A combination of large, peaceful demonstrations as well as widespread riots and looting against businesses in cities and suburbs have impacted areas across the entire United States since late last week. Conditions do appear to be improving mostly everywhere and curfews around the country are beginning to be lifted or shortened. Below is a list of cities that may still have some curfews in place that would limit some overnight deliveries.
- Kansas City
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- Salt Lake City
- San Francisco
- Washington, D.C.
Thursday, 7th May 2020 - Delivery Delays.
Seko is reporting the below delays on their services:
- AU - NZ - Standard service = 2-3 day delay
- AU - NZ - Express service = 1-2 day delay
Thursday, 2nd April 2020 - NZ Post returns through Seko.
- NZ post has stopped all non-essential services which prohibit carrying customers’ returns
through its network until the level 4 lock-down has been lifted. This is currently due to be
reviewed on 22nd April 2020.
- This includes all over the counter services, collection services and deliveries of returns to
the Seko facility.
Monday, 23rd Mar 2020 - Delivery Delays into New Zealand.
- Delays into NZ will continue as flights have been grounded into Wellington.
- Shippit will be updating it's delivery timeframes shortly to reflect this. As a Shippit customer, you should receive a notification when this happens.
- Seko International Express - expect delays of 1 day
- Seko Standard International - expect delays of 1-2 days
All other eCommerce services are running as expected with some localised minimal delays:
- Australia to US
- Australia to UK and Europe
- Hong Kong to Australia
- UK to Australia
- US to Australia
- UK to US
- US to UK
In addition to this, returns are still being processed as normal from the following locations:
- New Zealand
- United States
Friday, 20th Mar 2020 - Further Delays to International Service.
- Delays are to be expected with New Zealand freight due to airline suspension.
- Seko International Express - delays of 1 day
Due to no daily flight being available to Wellington, we will be loading all freight into Auckland first so there will be a 24hour delay.
- Seko Standard International - delays of 1-2 days
Due to no daily flight being available to Wellington, we will be loading all freight into Auckland to maintain daily uplift to New Zealand. This means a 24-48 hour delay can be expected on South Island freight.
Thursday, 19th Mar 2020 - Flight Changes Impact International Service.
Our international partner SEKO has advised that despite the news reports about the mass-grounding of flights and the Level 4 Travel Warning issued by the Australian government this morning, they have managed to get some clarity on which of our airline partners will continue to fly on their major trade lanes.
Though there will naturally be a chance of some delays with the reduction of capacity,
a long-standing loyalty to key airline partners appears to be paying dividends
with access to what capacity remains.
Seko are globally involved in a number of discussions regarding locking in charter flights, which will fly routes that assist our customers with their key trade lanes.
Fortunately, this does look like it will assist us further with both New Zealand and the
USA as part of a Pacific rim routing that is being worked on at the moment.