Tuesday, 24 March 2020 - Alternative Signature Delivery Options.
TNT services will not be defaulting to Authority to Leave.
- They will however, be practising delivery safety measures. This means a physical signature will no longer be required and the driver will instead note the receivers name on the PDA themselves as proof of delivery.
- If the customer is not home, goods will be returned to a local exchange for collection or held at the depot for redelivery (redelivery costs will apply).
- We urge customers who require signature deliveries or are sending high-value goods, to ship using a signature service like TNT or TNT overnight for express deliveries.
We can also suggest using a Sameday carrier such as Bonds and Allied Sameday where the customer can choose a timeslot they'll be home to accept the delivery. This will still be a contactless delivery but only left if the customer is home.
Monday, 23 March 2020 - Default ATL on All Deliveries.
The safety of our partners, retailers and customers is our priority. As the cases of COVID-19 increase, to limit contact when delivering orders, all carriers are now defaulting deliveries to authority to leave (ATL) where possible and will not be requesting a physical signature from the customer/receiver.
How will delivery work?
- The driver will knock or ring the bell, place the goods on the ground and step away.
- If your customer is at the delivery address, the driver will only note the full name of the customer instead of obtaining a physical signature.
- If the delivery address is unattended and the driver considers there to be a safe area to leave the goods, ATL will be followed and no name obtained.
- Once the goods are left in a safe area, delivery drivers will do their best to make a note of the location or take a picture as proof of delivery.
- If the delivery address is unattended and the driver considers it not safe to leave goods unattended, they should return back to the depot where redelivery can be booked on a day the customer is home. The customer can choose to have it dropped to a collection point and collect it themselves or, the driver may also do this by default if one is nearby.
Which carriers are affected?
- Domestic Carriers include Allied Express, CouriersPlease, Fastway, Australia Post, and StarTrack.
- International carriers include Seko, NZ Post, Aramex SG, and NinjaVan SG.
What if the goods are of high value or ATL is not an option?
- We suggest liaising with your customer to agree on a day they will be home to receive the package so it's not left outside and use a carrier that can facilitate this (i.e a sameday carrier if available).
- Discuss alternative delivery options with your customer and choose a carrier who can deliver to this type of location i.e Fastway Parcel Connect or CouriersPlease POPshop.
- Ensure you have this option turned ON within Shippit>Carrier Settings to avoid the package being returned to the depot for re-delivery, or returned to sender.
NOTE: this is a decision made and enforced directly from the carrier/s, not Shippit itself as the aggregator. Each carriers standard terms of carriage will still apply to these deliveries, for more information you can refer to this link.