This page will outline any operational changes impacting the domestic Fastway network and service.
Thursday, 19th November 2020 - Adelaide Lockdown Delivery Changes.
As an essential business, Fastway/Aramex Couriers will continue to operate in Adelaide over the lock down. The main impact is likely to be where a business is closed and we can't deliver parcels to them.
The following process has been put in place for this scenario:
- Parcels that can't be delivered will be scanned as "Undeliverable", "COVID" will be typed as the reason and the parcel returned to the depot for redelivery when the 6 day lock down is over.
Monday, 30th March 2020 - Single-runs For Drivers.
- Drivers will be on single-run service until further notice which means they will only be able to service clients once daily.
- Clients who have previous arrangements with pickups are urged to contact Shippit for setup arrangements if not already contacted.
Friday, 20th March 2020 - Default ATL on All Deliveries.
- All drivers will now leave your delivery without a signature, read the full article HERE.
Friday, 20th March 2020 - Alcohol Deliveries.
- For all alcohol deliveries, our Courier Franchisee will ask the customer to confirm their first and last name and will enter these details into the scanner on behalf of the customer. “R18” will also be added. This will allow for a “contactless delivery” to take place.
- In accordance with legislation, if the customer appears to be younger than 25 years and the courier is unable to verify the person’s age, they will scan the package as undeliverable and return it to the depot.
Friday, 20th March 2020 - Customer Support is Limited.
- Support is still available via phone & email however we are experiencing higher than normal customer enquiries.
- We are scaling up our support staff by redeploying resources from other departments. Please be patient as we do our best to respond quickly to all enquiries.