Single-runs For Drivers - Monday, 30th March 2020 - 5.26pm
- Drivers will be on single-run service until further notice which means they will only be able to service clients once daily.
- Clients who have previous arrangements with pickups are urged to contact Shippit for setup arrangements if not already contacted.
Default ATL - Friday, 20th March 2020 - 2.20pm
In an effort to minimise the risk of spreading or contracting the coronavirus, Fastway has made some temporary revisions to their delivery process.
- Effective immediately, all deliveries, with the exception of wine, will be processed as an ATL with no limited liability cover post-delivery scan.
- The courier will be instructed to leave the parcel in a safe place at the delivery address, and a photo will be taken of the item at the door.
- If the courier cannot deliver the package to a safe place, they will leave a calling card and either drop the package to a Parcel Connect agent, or take it back to the nearest depot for redelivery.
- As we navigate this issue, there will be delays in getting parcels delivered. To account for this, please allow an additional 1 day to delivery times, 2 days to regional delivery times.
Alcohol Deliveries - Friday, 20th March 2020 - 2.20pm
For all alcohol deliveries, our Courier Franchisee will ask the customer to confirm their first and last name and will enter these details into the scanner on behalf of the customer. “R18” will also be added. This will allow for a “contactless delivery” to take place.
In accordance with legislation, if the customer appears to be younger than 25 years and the courier is unable to verify the person’s age, they will scan the package as undeliverable and return it to the depot.
Customer Support - Friday, 20th March 2020 - 2.20pm
Support is still available via phone & email however we are experiencing higher than normal customer enquiries. We are scaling up our support staff by redeploying resources from other departments.
Please be patient as we do our best to respond quickly to all enquiries.