Here is the latest Service Statement which reflects current network status & performance.
Fri, 22nd Oct: Continued Service Disruption.
Key Network issues.
- COVID Alert Levels, and an increase in online orders particularly in Auckland, are resulting in
delivery delays as we process significantly larger volumes than normal. Please expect delivery delays of up to five working days for items being sent in and around
Auckland, and one working day for the rest of NZ.
- Redirection is available for held items due to Alert Level restrictions, use the online tool
Redirections may be available on Business Closed Freight. Please use our online tool here to redirect your item.
- Canada Post and the USPS have suspended mail services to New Zealand due to ongoing COVID-19 operational restrictions and transportation challenges. Please refer to our website for the most up to date information.
- The Melbourne Processing Facility has experienced another positive COVID case on the 30/9 causing delays. Volumes will continue to be diverted to Sydney until further notice.
Current Limits: Weekday Pick-Ups: All Customers (All of Country):
• All of country: Pick-ups of Auckland-freight will be limited in line with what has been directly communicated with customers.
• All non-Auckland freight will not be limited and continue to be picked up as normal.
• We ask you to split your freight into Auckland items, Non-Auckland Local items and Non-Auckland Forward Items.
• The suspension of all over-sized items will continue until further notice.
NB: Restrictions do not apply to any current Priority or Perishable items,
and International outbound product pick-ups are not constrained.
An update for offshore customers sending into NZ.
• High volumes received at our International gateway are impacting processing timings.
• There are delays at the CTO causing interruptions in recovery of freight which is beyond our control.
• This is resulting in a higher than normal number of shipments not being processed on time for injection into our domestic network.
• Extra shifts are being implemented. There may be delays of up to two days in processing parcels at the International gateway. An update for domestic customers sending to Australia:
• Courier Select_Australia and Australia Post are expecting delays in processing – we recommend using the Courier Select_AU Express option (if sending time-critical items).
Additional outbound update.
There have been delays reported offshore – particularly in Europe where new VAT capture requirements have caused backlogs in countries like Italy, The Netherlands and Serbia. There has been a slight reduction to our flight allocations. Delays are to be expected between one-two days for export.
Note: You can check our performance live by visiting https://status.nzpost.co.nz