This page will outline any operational changes impacting the domestic CouriersPlease network and service.
06.04.20 - Important Service Change to All Businesses Shipping to New Zealand.
With New Zealand (NZ) at Level 4 of their COVID-19 alert system, the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) has issued guidelines and directives for the operation of NZ businesses and businesses sending to NZ. As such, only essential businesses can continue to operate.
What is an essential business or service?
An Essential Business provides the necessities of life including, food, medicine, healthcare, pet supplies, energy, fuel, waste-removal, telecommunications and financial support. See the full list here.
All essential businesses currently, or intending to provide essential consumer goods must register with the MBIE to inform them you're operating and what essential products you are offering. For more information on how to do this, see here.
Providing essential, non-food products
Businesses can continue to sell essential non-food consumer products, provided they do so in a way that protects the public and minimises the risk of COVID-19 spreading. In order to provide essential, non-food consumer products, businesses must comply with the following conditions:
- Orders must be taken online or by phone only. Storefronts must not be open and the public should not be able to visit stores to select or collect goods.
- Orders must be for only essential non-food consumer products.
- In fulfilling orders, businesses must take all appropriate public health measures (e.g. physical distancing, hygiene basics, appropriate personal protective equipment for staff).
- Orders must be home delivered in a contactless way (i.e. there is no physical interaction between the deliverer and customer).
- The business must inform MBIE of its intention to offer essential non-food products for sale, and provide a list of the products they intend to offer. For more information on how to do this, see here.
27/03/2020 - NZ Post Returns - New Pickup Process.
As you may know, New Zealand is now at alert level 4, all businesses that do not provide
essential services are now closed.
Over the counter services through NZ Post retail network have not been identified as an essential
service and all Post Shop services are now closed. This will help reduce the risk to our people, our
customers and communities.
However, during the lockdown period, NZ post can pick up from your customers. Once the customer has created a return label, please ask them to request a collection through our Book a Pick-up service, link here. This will be at no extra cost.
We recommend you make updates to your website to make sure your customers know about this Covid-19 FAQs.
25/03/2020 - International Mail.
We are currently still sending and receiving international parcels and mail, however the situation is constantly evolving and there may be some delays. Stay up to date with our current international network disruptions.
24/03/2020 - Temporary Closures to Retail Outlets.
From 11.59pm Wednesday 25th March NZ Post retail outlets will close, and all over the counter services will be unavailable until further notice.
24/03/2020 - NZ Post is considered an essential service and will continue to provide essential delivery services at level 4.
We are doing everything possible to prepare so we can keep New Zealand moving.
16/03/2020 - Delivery Changes.
NZ Post is changing its parcel delivery process in response to the developing situation with COVID-19 in New Zealand.