Australia Post AU remains fully operational.
Monday, 30 March 2020
Post offices are still open for business across the country providing sending and receiving, retail and banking services. Any changes due to the ongoing impacts are available in our important updates section on our website.
Our post offices have implemented social distancing protocols to increase your safety, and other measures are coming soon to improve hygiene and reduce risks.
Our army of posties and drivers are still out across Australia trying their hardest to deliver parcels first time and providing contactless doorstep delivery. We know you love to greet them and have a chat, but to help us all, please remember we need to do this from a distance now.
Sunday, 22 March 2020
- Australia Post today reiterated it remains fully operational across Australia during government restrictions on non-essential activity. Posties, delivery drivers and Post Offices will continue to operate.
- To date, there are no confirmed cases in the Australian workforce of more than 80,000 people.
- Customers can be assured they will continue to be able to send and receive parcels and mail, pay bills and use Bank@Post during this time.
- Australia Post operates more than 4,000 Post Offices and 220 delivery facilities across the country and has a large presence in regional and remote Australia, as well as access to the largest and most comprehensive dedicated air and road freighter network in Australia. Customers are also able to get their parcel delivered to a free 24/7 Parcel Locker, with more than 400 locations available.
- Action has been taken to protect the health and safety of the workforce and customers in relation to the spread of coronavirus, in line with Australian government regulations.
- For the latest information on the action Australia Post is taking to protect the health and safety of its people and customers in relation to coronavirus, visit this page.
International service updates.
Monday, 23 March 2020
Australia Post is experiencing international delivery delays due to the coronavirus COVID19. Australia Post is working with partner airlines and other postal operators to move items as quickly as possible.
However due to the ever-changing situation, delays may occur in all destination countries. Currently there are known delivery service delays to and frommany countries. Find more specific info here.
- Services Suspended to: Austria, Bahrain, Cayman Islands, Cyprus, Djibouti, Egypt, Estonia, French Polynesia, Jordan, Kiribati, Kosovo Kuwait, Libya, North Macedonia, Moldova*, Norway, Peru, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Spain, South Korea*, Tunisia, Turkey*, Tuvalu , Ukraine, Western Samoa. (* Express Services only at the moment).
- Minimal to no disruption: USA, New Zealand, Japan, Macau, Hong Kong. Expect delays of 5+ days to most other destinations.
- Default authority to leave is in places and there is generally no signature captured for all destinations.