This page will outline any operational changes impacting the Aramex Singapore network and service.
14.05.20 - Delivery Delays.
Due to an unexpected surge of Domestic Deliveries during the Circuit Breaker period, we are experiencing heavy load affecting the ability to deliver according to capacity plan. As such, please expect a delay in delivery.
05.05.20 - Important Service Changes to Home-based Businesses.
The Singapore Government has announced strict guidelines for home-based businesses.
During the Circuit Breaker period, home-based businesses can still operate, provided all the criteria in the Ministry of Health’s guidelines and the latest provision under the COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) Act 2020 are met. For example:
- The business should operate solely online, without requiring the business owner(s) and staff to leave their respective homes
- The business does not involve any visitors/customers/third-party delivery services at the premises to collect and/or deliver goods
If the nature of the home-based business does not meet the stipulated regulations (e.g. home-based F&B businesses), it will need to cease operations.
Customers who wish to continue their business will need to write in an appeal to the Ministry to get an exemption otherwise fines can be issued up to SGD$1000.
For more information, please check the Urban Redevelopment Authority website HERE.
What is considered a home-based business?
- The resident does office work using a computer, which is linked to the office main computer
- The resident undertakes sewing work at home to supplement the household income
- A freelance artist/journalist/photographer/writer etc. operating in his/her own home, without employing anyone, and with no business activities conducted within the premises
- The resident bakes cakes at home on a small scale for sale to his/her friends, without turning the place into a bakery
- The resident conducts private tuition for not more than three students at any one time
- The resident provides hairdressing services to supplement household income, without employing any workers
- The resident undertakes piecemeal work from a factory in his/her home on a work rate basis, to supplement household income
What are the Criteria?
Home-Based Businesses should meet the following criteria:
- No person outside the household is to be employed.
- No external advertisement/business signboard is to be displayed.
- No extraneous traffic is introduced to the site.
- No noise, smoke, smell, effluent or dust nuisances or danger should be posed to the surrounding residents.
- No loading and unloading of goods by vans and trucks.
- The activities must comply with the rules and regulations of other authorities.
- HDB flats cannot be used for business registration. The use of private residential premises address for business registration does not require planning permission, provided there is no material change of use of the residential premises.