Submitting a Transit Protection Claim. 🚀
Submitting a claim is designed to be really easy!
- At the bottom of the order track page, you can now see a button to get help on that delivery. Our Delivery Help Launcher will automatically send off a query to our Support team who will be back in touch to assist.
- Our team will first work with the delivery carrier to reach a resolution or obtain the required documentation for the claim.
- Once your Transit Protection claim has been submitted, you'll receive an outcome notification within just 3 business days.
Transit Protection Claim Timeframes.
Whilst we ask you to allow a few extra days for goods to be delivered before reporting them missing, we urge you to contact our support team shortly after if you're concerned something might have gone missing.
If you've received damaged goods, we urge you to contact us immediately for advice as claim windows do have expiry dates.
Here is the greatest amount of time you have to lodge a claim with Shippit.
- Proof the package or item has arrived damaged is necessary, and this should be reported to Shippit or the retailer upon receipt or within 24 hours of delivery.
- 7 days is the maximum timeframe to report the damage to Shippit in order to submit a claim.
Lost and missing goods:
- Claim need to be received and submitted within 14 days from the date the carriers takes the package (i.e in transit date).
- If you suspect something is missing and haven't heard from the carrier within a few days past the ETA, please contact Shippit so we're aware and can lodge a claim immediately pending the carrier's final outcome.
What's Needed for a Transit Protection Claim.
You will need to provide a few things for your claim to be reviewed:
- Tax invoice.
- Bank details.
- Lost in transit notification from the carrier (for BYO carrier accounts).
- If damaged, pictures of the damaged goods
- If damaged, pictures of the internal and external packaging.
NOTE: in some cases and with high-value goods, other documents may be required.
Please keep hold of damaged goods until further notice from Shippit support staff, unless it's unsafe to do so. It's possible the goods may need to be returned or inspected further.
BYO carrier accounts & Transit Protection Claim.
If you integrate your own carrier account into Shippit, you still need to report damage/loss to Shippit within these timeframes whilst waiting on the carrier to finalise their investigation.
We can allow a maximum of 30 days for BYO carrier claims to be submitted for review.