Currently, we only offer a BYO integration with DFE through Shippit.
What services are available
- Road express
What do I need to do to connect my own account?
New DFE account
To discuss new account suitability you will need to contact DFE and notify them that you would like to integrate your account with Shippit. Once set up you can then integrate your account with Shippit.
Existing DFE account
If you would prefer to use your own carrier account please email email@example.com and provide the following information.
Once received, please allow 3 to 4 days for configuration to be completed. Your Shippit configuration specialist will confirm via email once it's ready to go!
- Account Information
- API Key for Tracking
- Site ID - 4 to 5 digits if you have multiple despatch points; otherwise, we will just input 000
- Site Indicator
- Rate Card - in editable spreadsheet format
- Fuel Surcharge
- Specify if you need it for Shippit staging and/or production.
Unsupported DFE services
Shippit's integration with Direct Freight Express currently does not support:
- RateType PALLET - CTN is supported
- Cubic Weight Declaration - cubic volume should still influence chargeable weight, but the Weight Declaration type sent through the manifest requires dimensions to be provided
- Tailgate Surcharge
- Hand Unload
- 3rd Party Pick-ups, Return-to-Sender, and Redirection
- Saturday Pick-up and Delivery
- Insurance Amounts
- Dangerous Goods