Your first pickup with a courier driver can be a little like a first date, you need to get to know each other and understand how each of you operate.
Over the course of the next few days and weeks, things might pop up that need ironing out in order to keep things on track but with some patience and constructive communication, this will ensure things keep moving forward positively.
Booking your pickup
Once an order is booked on Shippit we'll automatically send the manifest and necessary pickup information to the carrier so you don’t need to do anything else. The carrier will then upload your booking data and allocate a pickup driver where required.
This process will happen for each booking or manifest made on Shippit unless we have disabled sending pickup callouts to the carrier which should only happen if you have a previously arranged pickup agreement in place instead.
Preparing your goods for pickup
- Make sure everything is packaged securely to avoid damage and if multiple items are booked on the one order, don’t tape individual cartons together as this will result in a mis-declaration of goods and future additional charges. See our packaging guidelines for more info.
- Print off and prepare your shipping labels and documents. Ensure labels are visible to the driver and nothing covers the barcodes. International shipments or dangerous goods will have other documents you need to have ready for the driver.
- Ensure goods are ready within 1 hour of manifesting and booking on Shippit. Unless a pickup time is already agreed to with the driver, they can turn up quickly and you may be hit with a futile fee if goods are not ready on time.
Pickup cut-off times
Priority Same Day:
Priority Timeslot bookings:
You’ll need to agree on a pickup or drop-off schedule with the carrier directly.
Rebooking a pickup
It’s not necessary to rebook a pickup if you receive regular pickups and a package has been missed as the driver will simply collect it the next time.
If you have a delayed pickup or a Pickup Failed status, please contact Shippit support who will reach out to the carrier for you.
Arranging regular pickups
- If you have high shipping volumes we can arrange regular pickups with the carrier for you. Please contact your Shippit representative or Support to arrange this for you.
- Once you have regular pickups booked there is no need to contact Shippit support unless you're experiencing issues with the arrangement in which case please reach out for our help.
Cancelling a pickup
Priority & On Demand orders must be cancelled by Shippit, please contact support via phone, Livechat, or email.
Standard and Express orders can be cancelled from within Shippit, see below.
- Simply navigate to the TRACK page within the Shippit App and search the order.
- Select Cancel Delivery and we'll send the carrier a notification to cancel the pickup.
- Note: if the driver has already attempted collection, a futile fee may apply.
Sending palletised freight
If you plan on palletising freight you can continue to book or sync orders individually through the Shippit platform but you will need us to set up an agreement with the carrier before you can start shipping. Remember, only certain carriers accept palletised freight!
Check out our Shipping Bulky Freight Guide & reach out to a Shippit Representative to help set you up correctly.
Some carriers are able to transport some types of dangerous goods, in limited quantities for pre-approved customers only.
Please have a read of our DG Guide to understand which carriers will accept the goods you’re shipping.
What if things aren't going as expected?
If the agreed arrangement isn't going to plan or your circumstances change, it's important to let us know so we can understand what's going on and how we can help things improve.
You can start with reaching out to our support team initially as they're fully equipped to rebook pickups and offer alternative pickup solutions where needed.
If this still doesn't help, our Support team will escalate your issue to our Carrier Operations Team who will help manage the relationship with the carrier on your behalf in order to get things back on track!