Hunter Express is a reputable door-to-door national road express courier service in Australia.
They can reliably transport large and bulky items for clients shipping furniture and heavy homewares.
|Dead Weight Limit||Unlimited with surcharges.|
|Cubic Volume Limit||
Unlimited with surcharges.
|Max Length||Unlimited with surcharges.|
See also Carrier Weight & Size Limitations.
Hunter Express will not transport any type of prohibited or dangerous goods.
Should our account be used to ship dangerous or prohibited goods without prior approval, we may need to suspend or cancel your account.
What goods are prohibited?
- All dangerous goods
- Loose furniture or white goods
- Chemicals or cement
- Hazardous or dangerous goods such as flammables, toxins, acid, aerosols, oils, fuels, asbestos
- Foodstuffs requiring refrigeration or any food not packed or may deteriorate if exposed Animals, pets or livestock
- Legal tender including cash, gold and precious gems
- Any single item over 25kg dead weight not palletized (OH&S requirement)
- Anything without adequate packaging
- Any single item without a registered consignment note/bar code and/or address label attached Pipes or lengths over 4 meters
Does Hunter Express ship alcohol?
No, alcohol and liquids are not accepted.
Can I ship heavy or bulky freight?
- Yes, Hunter Express has unlimited weight restrictions (surcharges apply) and specialises in palletised freight.
- Goods over 25kg must be on skid or pallet otherwise you will incur a surcharge of $75.00.
How to start shipping with Hunter Express.
Currently, you will not be able to turn on Hunter Express within Shippit as approval is required before shipping.
Please speak with your Shippit Account Manager or contact Shippit support for further assistance.
Pickup & Collection.
Cancel or rebook a pickup.
- You can cancel any standard orders from within the Shippit app so long as it remains in Booked For Delivery status. Once the order is in transit, it will be charged at full price.
- To rebook a pickup, please contact Shippit support who will reach out to the carrier for you.
- You are not charged to rebook a failed pickup unless the order has been futiled by the carrier (the driver has tried to collect and unable to).
Please allow 1 business day for collection.
Hunter Express does not currently offer direct phone numbers for its drivers. If you need to discuss your collection please contact Shippit support directly.
Frequently Asked Questions.
Is there an option for authority to leave?
- ATL instructions can be given at the time of booking on Shippit. Otherwise, if a customer is not home, the driver will leave a card for redelivery to be booked with Hunter Express directly.
- Collection from a local Hunter Express depot is also an option. The driver will leave the contact details on the card when a delivery attempt is made.
Are redeliveries and redirection (new address) possible?
No, redirection is not possible. If the customer cannot collect from a local depot, goods will need to be returned to the sender at their expense.
Does Hunter Express use collection points?
No, however the receiver can collect from a local Hunter Express depot.
Can I request a return to sender?
Yes, however we must be able to reach the driver before delivery and the sender is liable for all return charges.
Please contact Shippit support to request this and we'll check if it's possible.
You'll find our recommended packaging guidelines here.
Is there insurance available?
There is no complimentary insurance when booking with this carrier through Shippit. This means no claims for compensation can be lodged in the event something gets broken or goes missing.
To protect the full retail value of your deliveries during transit, you can enable Shippit Transit Protection.
Are there surcharges?
For an extensive list of all carrier surcharges, click here.