The same-day delivery market is growing, and for some online shoppers, even that isn’t fast enough. Luckily, Drive Yello offers ‘near-instant’ delivery, with over 12,000 drivers across Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.
Drive Yello helps businesses provide a quick last mile delivery service to their customers and is ideal for those clients wanting to offer delivery within a matter of hours.
Shippit gives you access to this crowdsourced courier solution for either a shift or a single on-demand delivery.
Delivery <3 hours.
Priority now / On demand.
Does Drive Yello accept dangerous goods?
No, Drive Yello will not transport any type of dangerous goods.
Can I ship alcohol with Drive Yello?
- Yes however valid 18+ID must be provided by the receiver at the time of delivery.
- If the receiver does not have the relevant ID, the order will be returned to the sender at their expense.
- The driver under goes specific training in order to deliver alcohol and reserves the right to refuse delivery due to insufficient ID.
- Authority to leave (safe drop) is not available with these types of deliveries.
Does Drive Yello accept heavy or bulky freight?
- No, Drive Yello has weight & size limits (see above).
- Any under-declared goods will be invoiced by Shippit accounts once the carrier has charged for the corrected weight.
How to activate.
If you would like to activate Drive Yello On-Demand, please email email@example.com to request it and provide the below information. Shippit will contact Drive Yello on your behalf to set this up.
- Shippit Store Name - The name of your merchant account
- Contact Name - The name of the registered person on your Shippit merchant account
- Contact Email - The email registered to your Shippit merchant account
- API Key - Only if you would prefer to use your own account with Drive Yello. This unique API key identifying your account should be obtained from Drive Yello
- If shipping high volumes or from multiple locations - please send indicative daily volumes for pre-approval and setup.
Once received, please allow 3 to 4 days for configuration to be completed. Your Shippit configuration specialist will confirm via email once it's ready to go!
Pickup & Collection.
Cancel an order.
- Please contact Shippit support
- If the driver has not yet been called out to the job cancellation is free of charge otherwise, futile charges will apply.
- Once the order is in transit, it will be charged at full price.
Rebooking a Pickup.
- Only Shippit can authorise changes to Drive Yello orders, please contact Shippit support
- A new order will be required for futile pickups.
- Drive Yello is crowd sourced therefore, pickup is due to availability however normally happens within 3 hours.
- Drive Yello does not currently offer direct phone numbers for their drivers. If you need to discuss your collection please contact Shippit support directly.
High volume collections.
- Please send indicative daily volumes for pre-approval and setup to firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions.
Is there an option for authority to leave?
- Priority deliveries will always require a signature (or contactless name check) unless ATL is provided by the receiver.
- If the receiver is not home the driver will try to call them to confirm a safe place to leave the goods.
- If the receiver cannot be reached, the goods will be returned to the sender at the sender’s expense.
Can I request a return to sender?
- Yes, however we must be able to reach the driver before delivery.
- Please contact Shippit support to request this and we'll check if it's possible.
- Charges will apply to return to the sender.
You'll find our recommended packaging guidelines here.
What insurance is available?
There is no complimentary insurance when booking with this carrier through Shippit. This means no claims for compensation can be lodged in the event something gets broken or goes missing.
To protect the full retail value of your deliveries during transit, you can enable Shippit Transit Protection.
Are there surcharges?
For an extensive list of all carrier surcharges, click here.