Tuesday, 7th Sept - Hunter Express NSW Depot Closed due to Covid-19 Cases.
Following on from yesterdays communication, HXs' position has not materially improved. Consequently service restrictions into NSW are bring extended. Specifically:
- Pickups are suspended on Tuesday 7th September in SYDNEY ONLY.
- HX will not be collecting orders for NSW delivery locations Tuesday (7th). This restriction applies to orders sent from Victoria & Queensland.
Monday, 6th Sept - Hunter Express NSW Depot Closed due to Covid-19 Cases.
SUSPENDED SERVICE INTO NSW
As per earlier communications, positive COVID cases in the Sydney operation has significantly reduced our capacity to operate a service into NSW. Over the weekend, thorough secondary testing has identified further positive cases, resulting in the need to extend service limitations. Specifically:
- Pickups are suspended on Monday 6th September in SYDNEY ONLY
- HX will not be collecting orders for NSW delivery locations Monday (6th). This restriction applies to orders sent from Victoria & Queensland.
- NSW orders have been identified on breakdown pallets collected in VIC & QLD on Friday the 3rd September. If found on Monday 6th, these customers will have ALL services suspended.
Thursday, 2nd Sept - Hunter Express Casula Depot Closed due to Covid-19 Cases.
The Hunter Express Casula Depot was closed on Friday 27 August due to a positive Covid 19 case on the PM shift.
As per the conditions allowing their operation to resume all casual contacts were to continue to get tested every 2 days until they had recorded 3 consecutive negative test results.
Unfortunately, they have had a further 4 cases confirmed today which has now resulted in a secondary shut down of their operation effective today Thursday 2/9 to allow operational staff to isolate whilst awaiting test results.
As a result, Hunter Express will not be completing any pick-ups for NSW today Thursday 2/9 and Friday 3/9.
Pickups will resume Monday 6/9.
If you need to cancel any existing bookings to rebook with an alternative carrier, this can be done from within the Shippit App see here. If you require further assistance, please contact our support team.
What this means?
- There will be no local collections until Monday 6th September.
- Until then, please use alternative carriers when booking through Shippit.