This year is forecasted to be the biggest yet!
Due to ongoing Covid-19 restrictions, as well as an increase in volume passing through the networks, we strongly suggest sending as early as possible this year to ensure things arrive before the expected delivery date!
Below, we’ve highlighted the latest shipping dates based off last years averages, current transit times, and carrier capacity forecasting. However, with the current climate, remember to keep an eye on our Carrier Health Check Transit Times for more realtime transit times.
Shippit's recommended cut-off dates.
NOTE: These dates are based on the majority of deliveries and some deliveries booked after these dates may still arrive in time. However, carriers are making no assurances given the anticipated volume of freight within their networks this year. So to avoid disspointment, ship as early as possible!
Dates are also subject to change due to carrier network status.
Carrier cut-off dates.
*We'll update these as provided by the carriers.
Quick tips for fuss-free deliveries.
- Use an express or priority carrier for time crucial or urgent deliveries.
- Enable ATL (authority to leave) where possible so your customer get's it first time around.
- Ensure you're packaging is up to scratch to avoid damage and dissapointment.
- Sending bulky goods that require manual handling can cause delays as they can't travel through sortation machines.
- For internation shipmetns, ensure you have the correct labelling and required documentation to help get things delivered to your customers without delay.
Check out our full guide to 2021 peak planning here.
Carriers will be working outside of normal business days and hours this peak period to keep up with the volume that is forecasted to pass through their networks. However, some closures will remain and are noted below.
Public Holidays 2021:
Sat 25th Dec (Christmas Day)
Sun 26th Dec (Boxing Day)
Mon 27th Dec (Christmas Day Holiday)
Tue 28th Dec (Boxing Day Holiday)
Sat 1st Jan (New Years Day)
- On public holidays, carriers will not operate for any type of service.
- Between 27th and 31st Dec, carriers will usually not offer pickups and only have limited delivery support. This means our support team will obviously be limited to what resolutions can be achieved.
- On public holidays, Shippit will not be available for any carrier support.
- Between 27th and 31st Dec, Shippit can only offer limited carrier support in accordance with carrier operations.
- For urgent Shippit technical support we'll have support staff on stand by, don't worry!