4PX is a low-cost carrier offering standard metro delivery in Melbourne starting at $4.99.
They are best suited to carry smaller goods under 23kg with a maximum length of 1m.
You can check suitability for all carriers here.
|Dead Weight Limit||<23 kgs|
|Cubic Volume Limit||
|Max Length||<1.00 m|
How to start shipping with 4PX.
Currently, you will not be able to turn on 4PX within Shippit as approval is required before shipping.
Please contact Shippit support for further assistance.
Pickup & Collection.
Cancel or rebook a pickup.
- You can cancel any standard orders from within the Shippit app so long as it remains in Booked For Delivery status. Once the order is in transit, it will be charged at full price.
- You will need to contact Shippit support immediately for Priority orders. If the driver has already been called out, it will be charged at full price.
- To rebook a pickup, please contact Shippit support who will reach out to the carrier for you.
- You are not charged to rebook a failed pickup unless the order has been futiled by the carrier (the driver has tried to collect and unable to).
Please allow 1 business day for collection.
4PX does not currently offer direct phone numbers for its drivers. If you need to discuss your collection please contact Shippit support directly.
Frequently Asked Questions.
What can't be shipped?
- Toxic/infectious substances
- chemical meterials
- dangerous goods
- cash & securities
- pirated goods
- all prohibited goods by IATA (International Air Transport Association).
Does 4PX ship alcohol?
No, liquids are not permitted.
What about shipping dangerous goods?
No, dangerous goods are not permitted.
Can I ship heavy or bulky freight?
No, 4PX has limited weight restrictions (see above).
Is there an option for authority to leave?
This option can be provided when placing an order or the receiver can arrange it online when requesting redelivery.
Are redeliveries and redirection (new address) possible?
Yes, both can easily be done online with 4PX by the receiver with the below options:
- Redelivered with authority to leave in a safe place.
- Redeliver to the original address - Select a redelivery date.
- Redeliver to a new address - Input the new address.
Does 4PX use collection points?
No, the receiver will receive a 'Delivery Attempted' email from Shippit with instructions on how to arrange redelivery.
Can I request a return to sender?
Yes, however the sender is liable for the return costs.
You'll find our recommended packaging guidelines here.
Is there insurance available?
There is no complimentary insurance when booking with this carrier through Shippit. This means no claims for compensation can be lodged in the event something gets broken or goes missing.
To protect the full retail value of your deliveries during transit, you can enable Shippit Transit Protection.
Are there surcharges?
These charges exclude GST and are subject to change by the carrier without notice. The sender (client) is responsible for all additional carrier surcharges.
For an extensive list of all carrier surcharges, click here.