Aramex is a leading global provider of comprehensive logistics and transportation solutions established in 1982.
Aramex Australia (formerly Fastway), currently operates across key metropolitan and regional locations across Australia, offering a low-cost and fast courier delivery service.
Shippit gives you access to Aramex’s standard road service as a cost effective solution for both intra and interstate deliveries.
|Service Type||Road Standard.|
|Dead Weight Limit||<25 kgs|
|Cubic Volume Limit||
|Max Length||<2.1 m|
See also Carrier Weight & Size Limitations.
Aramex (Fastway) will not transport any type of dangerous goods. Limited goods requiring pre-approval before shipping are listed below.
Should our account be used to ship dangerous or prohibited goods without prior approval, we may need to suspend or cancel your account.
What are dangerous goods?
Dangerous goods are classified into nine hazard classes by the UN (United Nations) and reflected in the IATA Dangerous Good Regulations.
Dangerous goods are substances or articles with hazardous properties which, if not handled correctly, may:
- Corrode skin or metals
- Pollute the environment
- Become unstable with other products
When shipping DGs, you must have them:
- Have someone properly certified in DG signing off on the shipments
- Approved by Shippit/the carrier before shipping
- Packaged and labelled correctly
- Accompanied by a MSDS or SDS (Material Safety Data Sheet or Safety Data Sheet)
The below can not be shipped under any circumstance:
The below can be shipped with prior approval only:
Aramex Australia doesn't accept perishable items for transport within our network. However, if you still want Aramex Australia to carry perishable goods then we can do so, but this will be at your risk – no limited liability coverage is included.
Can I ship alcohol with Aramex/Fastway?
- Yes, alcohol is accepted in their network.
- Valid 18+ID must be provided by the receiver at the time of delivery. If the receiver does not have the relevant ID, the order will be returned to the depot for redelivery or returned to sender.
- The driver under goes specific training in order to deliver alcohol and reserves the right to refuse delivery due to insufficient ID.
- Authority to leave (safe drop) is not available with these types of deliveries.
Does Aramex/Fastway accept heavy or bulky freight?
- No, Aramex/Fastway has weight limits (see above under service suitability).
- Any under-declared goods will be invoiced by Shippit accounts once the carrier has charged for the corrected weight.
How to start shipping with Aramex/Fastway.
You can easily turn on Aramex/Fastway within Shippit Settings>Carriers, see here or below.
1. Go to Settings in your account.
2. Select Carriers.
3. Turn on Fastway.
Can I bring my own rates (i.e connect my own carrier account)?
Yes, if you would prefer to use your own negotiated rates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following information.
If you do not already have this information, please ask your carrier account manager to share these details with you.
Please allow 2 - 3 days for configuration setup.
Pickup & Collection.
Cancel or rebook a pickup.
- You can cancel any standard orders from within the Shippit app so long as it remains in Booked For Delivery status. Once the order is in transit, it will be charged at full price.
- To rebook a pickup, please contact Shippit support who will reach out to the carrier for you.
- You are not charged to rebook a failed pickup unless the order has been futiled by the carrier (the driver has tried to collect and unable to).
- Standard courier drivers operate on run schedules so a specific time cannot be given however collection can happen anywhere up until 6pm usually.
- Please allow 1 business day for collection.
- Fastway does not currently offer direct phone numbers for their drivers. If you need to discuss your collection please contact Shippit support directly.
High volume collections.
- Regular or daily pickups can be arranged for customers with high shipping volume. Speak with your Shippit Account Manager or Support team.
Frequently Asked Questions.
Is there an option for authority to leave?
- Yes, authority to leave (ATL) can be provided at the time of booking or during transit unless the package is with the driver.
- The receiver can also request ATL online with Fastway once an attempted delivery has been made and a card is left.
- Ultimately it is up to the driver to deem it safe to leave. If there is nowhere safe to leave the package, it will be returned to the depot for redelivery.
- The driver may also deliver the package to a nearby Parcel Connect instead.
- If it's possible for the driver to take a picture for proof of delivery they will do so however, it is not always possible or guaranteed.
NOTE: since March 2020 Fastway has started defaulting all deliveries to contactless (ATL) where safe due to Covid-19. View Fastway's latest ATL policy here.
Does Fastway have collection points?
Are redeliveries and redirection (new address) possible?
- One redelivery attempt will be made to the original address free of charge.
- Redelivery after this, or to a new address is charged at $5.50 paid online by the receiver directly.
- Redelivery and redirection online can only be booked once a delivery attempt has been made.
Does Fastway use third parties for regional deliveries?
Fastway will on forward using a variety of carriers who should follow on with original delivery instruction (i.e ATL).
NOTE: Proof of delivery may take a little longer to upload with third-party deliveries.
Can I request a return to sender?
Yes however limitations apply:
- RTS is not possible if the package is with a third-party carrier for delivery
- not possible if already with the driver.
- requires approval by the carrier
You can contact Shippit support for all return to sender requests or alternatively, the receiver can simply reject the delivery (non-ATL only) and it will be automatically returned to the sender.
You'll find our recommended packaging guidelines here.
Is there insurance available?
There is complimentary insurance when booking with Fastway through Shippit, their policy details are:
- includes coverage on the wholesale value of goods only up to $1500AU.
- does not include shipping, GST, excise, or customer returns & replacements.
- full terms and conditions can be found here.
To protect the full retail value of your deliveries during transit, you can enable Shippit Transit Protection.
Are there surcharges?
For an extensive list of all carrier surcharges, click here.