Before we can understand how Cash on Delivery (COD) Invoices work, we must distinguish it against other types of invoices that you receive from Shippit.
- Shipping Invoices - processed on pre-agreed intervals as payment for shipping orders using Shippit's discounted rates with couriers.
- Software Invoices - processed on pre-agreed intervals as payment for using the Shippit platform, especially for orders booked on merchant's direct rates with couriers.
- COD Invoices - processed 2 weeks after end-of-month for all amounts collected by and received from couriers for COD orders.
COD Invoices are created only once we receive the collected money from the couriers. Once the funds reach Shippit, our accounts team then creates an invoice of the collected amount and the applicable COD Fees:
- Singapore pick-up - SGD 6.30 or 3.5% of COD amount, whichever is higher
- Malaysia pick-up - MYR 18.00 or 3.5% of COD amount, whichever is higher
COD Fees are deducted before the collected COD amounts are credited to the merchant. This means you are required to provide bank information before you can start booking COD orders.
If you have questions about your COD Invoice, please contact email@example.com.