Shippit can integrate to eBay in less than 5 minutes! You only need to grant access to relevant order details in your eBay store and then update some settings before you start shipping.
Need assistance in implementing your integration? Connect with your account manager, sales contact, or visit our website to avail professional services today!
You may also review this full detail guide divided into the following sections:
- Integration Process
- Configuration Options
- Frequently Asked Questions
Connect Through Shippit Integrations
- Login to your Shippit store
- On the top right of your screen, click on the downward arrow
- Choose Settings on the extended options
- On the sidebar menu on the left, select Integrations
- On your right, scroll down and click on eBay
- Click on Connect My eBay Store
- Log in using your eBay credentials
- Click on Agree if you accept the terms & conditions
CHECK your integration by ensuring you now have a Webhook URL. If you do not see the Webhook URL field populated, email us right away at email@example.com
All your configuration options may be accessed in Shippit by going to Settings > Integrations.
- Auto-Sync New Orders - set to Yes by default; this option ensures orders in the status Processing are automatically pulled across into Shippit from eBay
- Default Email - this will be used for orders that do not contain a customer’s email address
- Sync Delivery Instructions - allows you to decide whether you'd like the order notes/special instructions field in eBay to be pulled across into Shippit as Delivery Instructions
Shipping Method Mapping
Manual Order Import
- Manually import in bulk the orders awaiting fulfillment by going to Orders > Click Import Orders
- Manually import an individual order by going to Orders> Click the downward arrow next to Import Orders > Choose By Order Number and enter the eBay order reference number
- Manually import orders in bulk by going to Orders> Click the downward arrow next to Import Orders > Choose By Created Date and select the date and time from when you would like to import orders
- Update integration settings
- View order sync history - see which orders were successfully sent to Shippit including any that failed
- View fulfillment sync history - see which shipment status were successfully sent to Shippit including any that failed
TEST your configuration by creating a dummy order in BigCommerce based on the different order sync criteria you have identified here. If you encounter any challenges, email us right away at firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why didn’t my order sync to Shippit?
Try to do the following:
- Check is the recipient and delivery details are complete and correct
- Confirm you have the necessary carriers activated in Shippit
- Check if your account is current and the payment successful
- Why am I not receiving tracking updates for the orders I booked through Shippit?
- Check if Fulfill Orders is enabled in Shippit > Settings > Integrations > Fulfillments
- Check if the Webhook URL field in Shippit > Settings > Integration is populated. If it is empty, re-register your Webhook URL by setting Fulfill Orders to No and then Yes again
- What information is sent back from Shippit when an order is fulfilled?
- The order is marked as Posted
- The date it was posted
- The Shippit tracking number
- The carrier is updated to “Shippit”
- What is my order sales reference number?
- Where are the dimensions pulled from?
Dimensions are pulled from the Package weight & dimensions field, not the Item Specifics field.
- eBay imposes a 90-day limit for orders that are manually imported by created date/
- Shipping method mappings are pulled from the API in real-time.
- If you are having trouble accessing Selling Manager Pro (free with a Premium/Anchor Store subscription), try editing a listing and then cancelling the edit.
- You can locate the tracking number in the Sold View of Selling Manager (Pro) and the Sale status & notes of the sales record.