The Pick & Pack Settings page allow you to set-up satchels and parcels that orders will be assigned to depending on their weight. This page is divided into 2 sections:
- Automatic Package Sorting
- Pick & Pack Advanced Settings
Automatic Package Sorting
To save packing time and shipping cost, you can set-up this functionality based on how you want orders to be allocated to several package types.
Do you ship using satchels? Our tool has tabulated the most common satchel sizes, its maximum weight, and dimensions in the Carrier Default Presets table.
- At the end of the row for each satchel type, a toggle switch allows you to either turn On or Off that satchel type. A satchel type that is turned off does not appear as an option when placing a new order.
- The first and second satchel types are the same size but the first one gives carriers an Authority to Leave the package on location without the recipient present.
Do you ship using other box sizes? Add your box sizes as Custom Preset by clicking the blue Add Preset button and typing in a package type name the box dimensions.
- The weights may be entered per order or ported in from your integrated eCommerce store.
Do you want to show packing confirmation for all orders? Establish an extra level of confirmation once your orders are packed by turning on the first toggle switch.
Do you want to allocate each item in an order to a separate carton? You may automate this process by turning the toggle switch on.
To have every base covered, you may set-up a default weight and dimension for every time an order comes in without these critical information. Type in your most popular package weight and dimension now!
For order ported in from an integrated eCommerce store, the allocation is based on volumetric weight so make sure that you are using the appropriate box size for your items. If you supersize your boxes, you may need to enter the volumetric weight of the box instead of the dead weight of the product to help in automatic allocation.