Merchants based in Australia who do not have an active subscription are still able to use Shippit as pay-as-you-go users.
Pay-as-you-go users are charged a 15% service fee on top of the booking fee through the credit card they entered in Shippit > Invoices > Payment Details.
This means that merchants who (1) do no have an active subscription and (2) do not have credit card information saved in Shippit cannot use the platform as pay-as-you-go users.
The service fee covers the ability to:
- Obtain shipping quotes from multiple couriers in one request
- Send automated email notifications for important steps in the delivery
- Track all bookings in a single page
- Review spending, speed, and satisfaction per courier through Shippit analytics
- Raise tickets through Shippit support channels
We must note, however, that pay-as-you-go users are unable to:
- Book using their own negotiated rates with couriers. For example, a merchant with an Australia Post account cannot make Australia Post bookings in Shippit if they are pay-as-you-go users. The ability to Bring-Your-Own (BYO) courier is reserved only to those who have an active subscription.
- Access Shippit's discounted rates with couriers. Shippit offers up to 45% discount on courier rates, depending on a merchant's subscription level. If a merchant uses Shippit as a pay-as-you-go user, Shippit still displays quotes from all your courier options but only the 12% discount is applied.
To learn more about our different subscription plans, please click here.
Shippit makes the Pay-as-you-go option available for merchants who may see this as advantageous to their current business model.
However, if you intend to spend over $126 in shipping bookings per month, we encourage you to take advantage of the Grow subscription at $49 per month. Grow has 250 included bookings (with no service fee) and lets you access up to 34% discounted rates with Shippit couriers. Apart from that, you can start using your own negotiated rates with couriers.
To subscribe to a plan, login to Shippit and go to Invoices > Subscriptions or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.