Delivery orders created in or synced into Shippit will different statuses on its journey towards delivery.
Here's a reference of the most popular order delivery status:
- Order Placed - the order is created in the Shippit New Orders tab; packaging size and courier assignment is yet to be confirmed
- Packing Order - the order is in the Shippit Ready to Ship tab; packaging size and courier assignment is already confirmed
- Processing - the order is being moved from the Shippit New Orders tab to the Shippit Ready to Ship tab; this status can be an indicator that the order is stuck in between the two tabs
- Booked for Delivery - the order is on the Shippit Track tab; order details are sent to the selected courier for pickup and merchant is already charged for booking
- Pickup Failed - the order status for futile pickup or no-goods-to-go (NGTG); this means the courier driver went to pick up the package from the merchant but it is not ready yet
- In Transit - the order is already collected by the courier driver from the merchant; this can mean (a) the orders is on its way to the depot or (b) is currently traveling in between depots
- With Driver - the order is onboard for delivery to the customer; this means it's delivery day and the item is already on the courier driver's van
- Delivery Attempted - the courier driver attempted to deliver to the recipient address but no one is present to receive the order; a card is left on the delivery address so the recipient can arrange a redelivery.
- Insufficient Address - the courier driver cannot locate the destination based on the indicated order delivery address; this could mean the address is incorrect or insufficient; the merchant can validate the address in Google Maps and supply the correct/complete address
- Awaiting Collection - the courier driver delivered the item to a collection point for the customer to collect; this means that a redelivery can no longer be arranged
- Lost - the package is lost; if the order is covered by Shippit Transit Cover, a claim may be submitted
- Damaged - the package is damaged; if the order is covered by Shippit Transit Cover, a claim may be submitted
- Completed - the package is successfully delivered
- Returned to Sender - the package was returned back to the merchant; this is possibly due to customer refusal to accept, customer failure to pickup from the designated collection point, redelivery attempts exceeded, incorrect address, or damaged package.
- Return Requested - the merchant booked a return of the order from the customer; this means the return label is now created
- Untrackable - the order was placed only to generate a plain label so no tracking events can be recorded
Did you encounter a delivery status that is not on this list? Please reach out to email@example.com for clarification.