CouriersPlease is one of Australia's leading parcel delivery experts with nationwide coverage across Australia.
They provide many other delivery options to customers including redelivery, redirection, and safe-drop, all of which can be easily booked online.
The POPPoint network is made up of POPStations, Parcel Lockers, and POPShop Retail Outlets that are all located in convenient, accessible locations.
CouriersPlease is cost effective solution for intrastate & interstate smaller sized deliveries.
|Service Type||Road Standard.|
|Dead Weight Limit per item||<32 kgs|
|Cubic Volume Limit per item||
|Cubic Volume Limit per consignment||
|Max Length||<1.80 m|
Limited, with approval only.
See also Carrier Weight & Size Limitations.
CouriersPlease is able to transport some types of dangerous goods, in limited quantities for pre-approved customers only.
Please contact your Shippit Account Manager or Support Team if you plan to ship any of the below mentioned goods as you need approval before shipping on our account.
NOTE: should our account be used to ship dangerous or prohibited goods without prior approval, we may need to suspend or cancel your account.
What are dangerous goods?
Dangerous goods are classified into nine hazard classes by the UN (United Nations) and reflected in the IATA Dangerous Good Regulations.
Dangerous goods are substances or articles with hazardous properties which, if not handled correctly, may:
- Corrode skin or metals
- Pollute the environment
- Become unstable with other products
When shipping DGs, you must have them:
- Have someone properly certified in DG signing off on the shipments
- Approved by Shippit/the carrier before shipping
- Packaged and labelled correctly
- Accompanied by a MSDS or SDS (Material Safety Data Sheet or Safety Data Sheet)
The below can not be shipped under any circumstance:
The below DG can be shipped with prior approval only:
Class 2.1 - Flammable Gas Packing Group II or III, (Aersols only)
Class 2.2 - Non-flammable, Non-Toxic gas, (Limited to 1000ml per consignment)
Class 3 - Flammable Liquids Packing Group II or III, (Limited to 1000ml per consigment)
Class 5.1 - Oxidising Substances Limited to Health and Beauty Products; and Packing Group II or III
Class 9 - Miscellaneous DG's Asbestos Banned; Lithium Batteries by road only; other Class 9's Limited to Packing Group II
Can I ship alcohol with CouriersPlease?
- Yes however dangerous and limited goods (see above) require prior approval. Please contact Shippit for assistance before shipping.
- Valid 18+ID must be provided by the receiver at the time of delivery. If the receiver does not have the relevant ID, the order will be returned to the depot for redelivery or returned to sender.
- The driver under goes specific training in order to deliver alcohol and reserves the right to refuse delivery due to insufficient ID.
- Authority to leave (safe drop) is not available with these types of deliveries.
Does CouriersPlease accept heavy or bulky freight?
- No, CouriersPlease has weight & size limits (see above).
- Any under-declared goods will be invoiced by Shippit accounts once CouriersPlease has charged for the corrected weight.
How to start shipping with CouriersPlease.
You can easily turn on CouriersPlease within Shippit Settings>Carriers.
Can I bring my own rates (i.e connect my own carrier account)?
Yes, if you would prefer to use your own negotiated rates, our Config team can get this setup within a few days. Please email email@example.com for assistance.
Pickup & Collection.
Cancel or rebook a pickup.
- You can cancel any standard orders from within the Shippit app so long as it remains in Booked For Delivery status. Once the order is in transit, it will be charged at full price.
- To rebook a pickup, please contact Shippit support who will reach out to the carrier for you.
- You are not charged to rebook a failed pickup unless the order has been futiled by the carrier (the driver has tried to collect and unable to).
- Standard courier drivers operate on run schedules so a specific time cannot be given however collection can happen anywhere up until 6pm usually.
- Please allow 1 business day for collection.
- CouriersPlease does not currently offer direct phone numbers for their drivers. If you need to discuss your collection please contact Shippit support directly.
High volume collections.
- Regular or daily pickups can be arranged for customers with high shipping volume. Speak with your Shippit Account Manager or Support team.
Frequently Asked Questions.
Is there an option for authority to leave?
- Yes, authority to leave (ATL) can be provided at the time of booking or during transit unless the package is with the driver.
- The receiver can also request ATL online with CouriersPlease once an attempted delivery has been made and a card is left.
- Ultimately it is up to the driver to deem it safe to leave. If there is nowhere safe to leave the package, it will be returned to the depot for redelivery.
- The driver may also deliver the package to a nearby Popshop instead.
- View CouriersPlease latest ATL policy here.
- If it's possible for the driver to take a picture for proof of delivery they will do so however, it is not always possible or guaranteed.
Does CouriersPlease use collection points?
- Drivers may deliver a package to a Popshop if the receiver is not home and hasn't provided ATL.
- PopPoints have a pin code access, this code should be noted on the receiver's card.
- Once delivered to a Popshop redelivery is no longer possible unless it's being returned to sender.
Are redeliveries and redirection (new address) possible?
Yes, redelivery can easily be booked online once a delivery attempt has been made.
Redirection to a new address is not always possible especially when the package is already in flight.
If the recipient can't access the address any longer, Shippit can ask for a return to sender request from Couriers Please (please see RTS below).
Does CouriersPlease use third parties for regional deliveries?
Yes, CouriersPlease will on forward regional deliveries using a variety of carriers including Australia Post and Border Express.
They should follow the initial delivery instruction provided on the order (i.e if the order does not have ATL instruction it should not be delivered as such).
NOTE: Proof of delivery may take a little longer to upload with third-party deliveries.
Can I request a return to sender?
Yes however limitations apply:
- RTS is not possible if the package is with a third-party carrier for delivery
- not possible if already with the driver.
- requires approval by the carrier
You can contact Shippit support for all return to sender requests or alternatively, the receiver can simply reject the delivery (non-ATL only) and it will be automatically returned to the sender.
You'll find our recommended packaging guidelines here.
What insurance is available?
There is complimentary insurance when booking with CouriersPlease through Shippit, their policy details are:
- includes coverage on the wholesale value of goods only up to $1000AU
- does not include shipping, GST, excise, or customer returns & replacements.
attracts a $100AU deductible excess fee on all eligible claims. If the cost value of goods does not exceed $100AU you will be unable to recover the cost of goods.
full terms and conditions can be found here.
To protect the full retail value of your deliveries during transit, you can enable Shippit Transit Protection.
Are there surcharges?
For an extensive list of all carrier surcharges, click here.