Bonds Transport Group has been providing customers with prompt same-day deliveries and outstanding customer service since being established in 1966.
Shippit gives you access to their priority same-day service covering key metropolitans areas such as Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, and Perth.
The Bonds priority service gives you the option of a timeslot delivery window as well as real-time delivery GPS tracking through Shippit.
|Service Level||Same day timeslot delivery.|
|Dead Weight Limit||Unlimited - surcharges apply.|
|Cubic Volume Limit||Unlimited - surcharges apply.|
|Max Length||Unlimited - surcharges apply.|
|Dangerous Goods||Limited with approval only.|
|Perishable Goods||Limited with approval only.|
See also Carrier Weight & Size Limitations.
Bonds will transport some types of dangerous goods classes and divisions. Limited goods requiring pre-approval are listed below.
Should our account be used to ship dangerous or prohibited goods without prior approval, we may need to suspend or cancel your account.
Prohibited Dangerous Goods.
The below can not be shipped under any circumstance:
The below can be shipped by Bonds with prior approval only:
Limited Dangerous Goods.
The below DG can be shipped by Bonds with prior approval only:
A completed Transport Document must be provided to the driver at pickup with all fields populated accurately.
Class 2 - Gases
2.1 Flammable gas (common examples: disposable cigarette lighters, LPG); and 2.2 non-flammable, non-toxic gas (e.g. nitrogen, oxygen)
Class 3 - Flammable Liquid
|3 Flammable Liquid (common examples: enamel paints, methylated spirits, ethanol, denatured ethyl alcohol in perfumes)|
Class 5 - Oxidising substances
5.1 Oxidising Substance (common examples: Pool chlorine, bleaches, nappy sanitisers, some fertilisers)
Class 6 - Toxic Substances
|6.1 Toxic Substance (common examples: cyanide, some pesticides, metal degreaser). Any DG with a subsidiary risk of class 6 is not permitted to be transported with food or food packaging.|
Class 8 - Corrosive Substances
|8 Corrosive Substance (common examples: hydrochloric acid, car and truck batteries, industrial cleaners)|
Class 9 - Miscellaneous
|9 Miscellaneous Dangerous Goods (common examples: asbestos, lithium batteries, dry ice)|
Can I ship alcohol with Bonds?
- Yes however liquids and alcohol require prior approval. Please contact Shippit for assistance before shipping.
- Valid 18+ID must be provided by the receiver at the time of delivery. If the receiver does not have the relevant ID, the order will be returned to the depot for redelivery or returned to sender.
- The driver under goes specific training in order to deliver alcohol and reserves the right to refuse delivery due to insufficient ID.
- Authority to leave (safe drop) is not available with these types of deliveries.
Does Bonds accept heavy or bulky freight?
- Yes, bulky & palletised freight is accepted.
- Goods over 20kg should be placed on a pallet or skid or surcharges may apply. For an extensive list of all carrier surcharges, click here.
- Any under-declared goods will be invoiced by Shippit accounts once the carrier has charged for the corrected weight.
How to activate.
Bonds priority service should automatically be turned on as your default same-day carrier.
You can toggle your Priority options ON/OFF from your Shippit Settings>Carriers.
Can I bring my own account?
No, we currently do not offer a BYO integration with Bonds couriers.
Pickup & Collection.
Cancel or rebook a pickup.
- You will need to contact Shippit support immediately for support with Priority orders.
- If the driver has already been called out, the job will be charged at full price.
Priority drivers can present within 1 hour for the collection so it's essential to have goods ready as soon as you book on Shippit.
- Bonds does not currently offer direct phone numbers for their drivers. If you need to discuss your collection please contact Shippit support directly.
High volume collections.
- Regular or daily pickups can be arranged for customers with high shipping volume. Speak with your Shippit Account Manager or Support team.
Frequently Asked Questions.
Is there an option for authority to leave?
- Priority deliveries will always require a signature (or contactless name check) unless ATL is provided by the receiver.
- If the receiver is not home the driver will try to call them to confirm a safe place to leave the goods.
- If the receiver cannot be reached, the goods will be returned to the sender at the sender’s expense.
- Bonds will always record a picture with ATL deliveries to confirm delivery.
Does Bonds have collection points?
No, Bonds does not currently use collection points.
Are redeliveries and redirection (new address) possible?
Redirection & redelivery is not available with priority deliveries.
If the customer is not home and cannot be reached by phone, the goods will be returned to the sender at the sender’s expense.
Can I request a return to sender?
Yes, however we must be able to reach the driver before delivery. Please contact Shippit support to request this and we'll check if it's possible.
You'll find our recommended packaging guidelines here.
Is there insurance available?
There is no complimentary insurance when booking with this carrier through Shippit. This means no claims for compensation can be lodged in the event something gets broken or goes missing.
To protect the full retail value of your deliveries during transit, you can enable Shippit Transit Protection.
Are there surcharges?
For an extensive list of all carrier surcharges, click here.