Bonds Transport Group has been providing customers with prompt same-day deliveries and outstanding customer service since being established in 1966.
Shippit gives you access to their priority same-day service covering key metropolitans areas such as Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, and Perth.
The Bonds priority service gives you the option of a timeslot delivery window as well as real-time delivery GPS tracking through Shippit.
|Service Level||Same day timeslot delivery.|
|Dead Weight Limit||Unlimited - surcharges apply.|
|Cubic Volume Limit||Unlimited - surcharges apply.|
|Max Length||Unlimited - surcharges apply.|
|Perishable Goods||Limited with approval only.|
See also Carrier Weight & Size Limitations.
Bonds will not transport any type of dangerous goods. Limited goods requiring pre-approval are listed below.
Should our account be used to ship dangerous or prohibited goods without prior approval, we may need to suspend or cancel your account.
What are dangerous goods?
Dangerous goods are classified into nine hazard classes by the UN (United Nations) and reflected in the IATA Dangerous Good Regulations.
Dangerous goods are substances or articles with hazardous properties which, if not handled correctly, may:
- Corrode skin or metals
- Pollute the environment
- Become unstable with other products
When shipping DGs, you must have them:
- Have someone properly certified in DG signing off on the shipments
- Approved by Shippit/the carrier before shipping
- Packaged and labelled correctly
- Accompanied by a MSDS or SDS (Material Safety Data Sheet or Safety Data Sheet)
The below can not be shipped under any circumstance:
The below can be shipped by with prior approval only:
Can I ship alcohol with Bonds?
- Yes however liquids and alcohol require prior approval. Please contact Shippit for assistance before shipping.
- Valid 18+ID must be provided by the receiver at the time of delivery. If the receiver does not have the relevant ID, the order will be returned to the depot for redelivery or returned to sender.
- The driver under goes specific training in order to deliver alcohol and reserves the right to refuse delivery due to insufficient ID.
- Authority to leave (safe drop) is not available with these types of deliveries.
Does Bonds accept heavy or bulky freight?
- Yes, bulky & palletised freight is accepted.
- Goods over 30kg should be placed on a pallet or skid or surcharges may apply.
- Any under-declared goods will be invoiced by Shippit accounts once the carrier has charged for the corrected weight.
How to start shipping with Bonds.
Bonds priority service should automatically be turned on as your default same-day carrier.
You can toggle your Priority options ON/OFF from your Shippit Settings>Carriers.
If you're shipping Sameday be sure to check out Same-Day-Delivery-What-You-Need-to-Know!
Can I bring my own rates (i.e connect my own carrier account)?
No, we currently do not offer a BYO integration with Bonds couriers.
Pickup & Collection.
Cancel or rebook a pickup.
- You will need to contact Shippit support immediately for support with Priority orders.
- If the driver has already been called out, the job will be charged at full price.
Priority drivers can present within 1 hour for the collection so it's essential to have goods ready as soon as you book on Shippit.
- Bonds does not currently offer direct phone numbers for their drivers. If you need to discuss your collection please contact Shippit support directly.
High volume collections.
- Regular or daily pickups can be arranged for customers with high shipping volume. Speak with your Shippit Account Manager or Support team.
Frequently Asked Questions.
Is there an option for authority to leave?
- Priority deliveries will always require a signature (or contactless name check) unless ATL is provided by the receiver.
- If the receiver is not home the driver will try to call them to confirm a safe place to leave the goods.
- If the receiver cannot be reached, the goods will be returned to the sender at the sender’s expense.
- Bonds will always record a picture with ATL deliveries to confirm delivery.
Does Bonds have collection points?
No, Bonds does not currently use collection points.
Are redeliveries and redirection (new address) possible?
Redirection & redelivery is not available with priority deliveries.
If the customer is not home and cannot be reached by phone, the goods will be returned to the sender at the sender’s expense.
Can I request a return to sender?
Yes, however we must be able to reach the driver before delivery. Please contact Shippit support to request this and we'll check if it's possible.
You'll find our recommended packaging guidelines here.
Is there insurance available?
There is no complimentary insurance when booking with this carrier through Shippit. This means no claims for compensation can be lodged in the event something gets broken or goes missing.
To protect the full retail value of your deliveries during transit, you can enable Shippit Transit Protection.
Are there surcharges?
For an extensive list of all carrier surcharges, click here.